PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Tomase's Blog is getting spammed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left a comment also

I left a comment also, but only one, and it was early on.

disclaimer: i have never posted on any tomase blog

Seems like a lot of overreaction to me. Are people this upset because fans expressed displeasure with an article? What I read on his site (which i had never been to prior to this excitement) is certainly not SPAM... were there other items that i am missing?

PatsWorldChamps said:
disclaimer: i have never posted on any tomase blog

Seems like a lot of overreaction to me. Are people this upset because fans expressed displeasure with an article? What I read on his site (which i had never been to prior to this excitement) is certainly not SPAM... were there other items that i am missing?

Read some of the quotes from this thread...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33462

The comments were deleted from Tomase's blog late last night.

Seymour93 said:
Read some of the quotes from this thread...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33462

The comments were deleted from Tomase's blog late last night.

i'd still say it isnt spam... most of it was simple disagreement; if all people should do is agree with an article, I think we've become a little sensitive... one or two of the posts might have gone a little too far (the personal comments), but other than that i see nothing wrong... certainly not enough for it to have been made into such a big deal.

PatsWorldChamps said:
i'd still say it isnt spam...
That's because you didn't see the spam. 15-20 posts within an hour or so, obviously from the same guy, pretending to be Ian, Miguel, Me, Seymour93, and several well known posters from KFFL. The Herald removed the vast majority of them.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
That's because you didn't see the spam. 15-20 posts within an hour or so, obviously from the same guy, pretending to be Ian, Miguel, Me, Seymour93, and several well known posters from KFFL. The Herald removed the vast majority of them.

That's the part that irritated me, making the comments he did and pretending to be one of us. I'm still looking into it.

Ian

Last edited:
Ian...Go find them!! That is not only poor spamming him, but also involving the website here..with posters who are known..no doubt it is one person with an ax to grind making trouble. Deserves the wrath from all....

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I was confused on this myself...but that answers it...good job clearing it up "T"...BTW...that is Tony soprano's nickname..."T".

Pats726 said:
Ian...Go find them!! That is not only poor spamming him, but also involving the website here..with posters who are known..no doubt it is one person with an ax to grind making trouble. Deserves the wrath from all....

It's not even an issue of any 'wrath'. It's an issue of acting like a 6-year old and posting our names with that nonsense. I'm just more curious to see if it's a registered user here that may no longer post here, and why he has an issue. Hopefully I'll be able to find that out soon.

Ian

Last edited:
I've never been there either, but am dying to know who the guilty party is. Good luck Ian. Please let us know what ya learn.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

ok... i didnt see those.

I didnt realize we all signed a contract upon registering stating that we wouldnt post on any other forums/boards.

I dont care enough about that bottom feeding mouthbreather Tomase to even attempt to spam his board so dont think it was me in your little witch hunt.

Turd Furguson said:
I didnt realize we all signed a contract upon registering stating that we wouldnt post on any other forums/boards.

I dont care enough about that bottom feeding mouthbreather Tomase to even attempt to spam his board so dont think it was me in your little witch hunt.

No you're not bound by a contract to only post here, and judging by some of the other comments in this thread I should probably clarify A) What Spamming a comment section means, and B) what happened to spark this thread.

Spamming a comment section is when one user posts nonsense repeatedly over and over again. The reason this issue came up is because the other someone posted nasty comments directed at Tomase in his blog using my name, Miguel, and two others from this forum. When that happens the initial reaction is for people to believe that it was really us that posted it there.

I just got the info back from the Herald and found the user and have disabled their account. It was a user who only posted here twice, and we probably don't need them anyway.

Ian

I'm guessing Tomase is as dumb as I think he is to actually believe that too.

If he wants to toss crap out there without being bothered to check facts or context then he deserves what he gets IMO.

He's no better than the other vultures.

Not for nothing - but given the amount of attention he and his Blog have gotten over this, Tomase owes the spammer a debt of gratitude.

I'd really never heard of him before his Miguel reference and the spam issue this week

It'd be poetic justice for the spammer to know that he's helped Tomase's name recognition immensely - however it also wouldn't surprise me if Tomase was the spammer himself, wisely creating a scenario in which he and his blog recieved a great deal of attention on a website catering to his target audience

Turd Furguson said:
I'm guessing Tomase is as dumb as I think he is to actually believe that too.

If he wants to toss crap out there without being bothered to check facts or context then he deserves what he gets IMO.

He's no better than the other vultures.

That's pathetic. No one deserves to be spammed no matter whether their opinion jibes with yours.

Spamming or hacking is the tech version of violence - - it's the first refuge of people who can't make a cogent argument on their own behalf. They can't express themselves so they resort to other means.

Grow up.

shut up you big internet baby.

Turd Furguson said:

Wow. People must flock to you for your wit.

I was just about to post that it's probably those sanctimonious frauds from the BSMW message board, the one's that think they know more than anyone else, and that their {BLEEP} doesn't stink... they have been known to pull childish crap like this in the past... but before I got to post it, we got our confirmation :

I just got the info back from the Herald and found the user and have disabled their account. It was a user who only posted here twice, and we probably don't need them anyway.

Ian

====================================
Was it Mangini?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back