PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Thomase changes his tune: Walker trying to get to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
He just said on the sports report that he and his agents are trying real hard to get permission from GB that would allow him to get into NE sometime tonite or early tomorrow.

They better hope it's tonite because I think tomorrow, would be too late to get something done if and only if it's concerning the draft.

Ok. How is that changing his tune? If you read the earlier blog, it said that Walker wasn't in town and that it was up to Green Bay whether or not Walker would be allowed to come to New England for contract talks.

All Tomase has done is confirm that Walker ISN'T in New England yet. Though Walker and his agent would like to get him here. Its an UPDATE.

It's simple, he said he wasn't in NE and now is saying he is trying to get to NE.

Regardless of the facts or not he changed his tune, didn't say he lied or anything.

So now, we can discuss the latest development in this ordeal.

If the price is right, then I think the Pats need to make this deal.

NFL network now saying he's flying out here for Saturday morning for a physical.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Pull the trigger, make the deal. This guy is what we need to go along with Branch and the others...it makes our receiver corps ultra dangerous....especially with a QB like Brady...a smart Qb.

It's not soley a question of whether we want him or not - but whether Green will consider a trade with NE (and frankly, the only reason I can imagine they really wouldn't is because they think Walker WANTS to land here and they want to jerk him around)

I also heard Felger talking about it...seems like Walker's agent has 5, 6 Patriots as clients..so it may be a deal that they can make..similar to CD...OR just have him showcase himself this year and go for the BUCKS after a SUperbowl win!!! Seems a bit optimistic that GB may want a lot..someone also thought that it may be a change in positions between 21 and the GB high 2nd round pick...

If the Patriots are that interested I have a feeling they get it done unless the Patriots are looking to throw a monkey wrench in the Broncos entire operation.

re

This is interesting because it looks like the Broncos and Pats are both gunning for receivers.

Whoever gets Walker will go defense tomorrow afternoon, while the team that loses the sweepstakes may take one of the top 2 WR's in the draft.

maverick4 said:
This is interesting because it looks like the Broncos and Pats are both gunning for receivers.

Whoever gets Walker will go defense tomorrow afternoon, while the team that loses the sweepstakes may take one of the top 2 WR's in the draft.

Broncos will still grab a WR.....Lelie is on the way out as well. They are still short on help.

Walker wouldn't be heading to NE at the last second unless some serious talking had already occured. This means that BB knows what the Packers have in mind for a price and finds it reasonable, it also means that the Pat's offer is in Walker's price range.

If Walker makes it to NE, passes the physical and signs for 2 yrs around $5mil/yr then it is a done deal and we send our second rounder to GB in exchange.

If Walker is going to be healthy this would be a heck of deal.

re

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Walker wouldn't be heading to NE at the last second unless some serious talking had already occured. This means that BB knows what the Packers have in mind for a price and finds it reasonable, it also means that the Pat's offer is in Walker's price range.

If Walker makes it to NE, passes the physical and signs for 2 yrs around $5mil/yr then it is a done deal and we send our second rounder to GB in exchange.

If Walker is going to be healthy this would be a heck of deal.

If it does happen, I really hope it's not for #52, but rather a trade of #21 (maybe a player as well or lower pick) for Walker and their #36.

If the Pats get Walker, I will be dumbfounded. The Saints and Broncos seem to be much better trading partners.

You have to figure if GB was blocking him coming to NE originally the Pats must of offered the better deal. Why else would they let him go to NE unless they knew it was worth it. Im sure they want this done ASAP, and wouldnt waste their time with the Pats unless all the deal needed was the health to be ok. This could be like the Rodney situation all over again. Rodney suppose to meet with the broncos, Pats come in the last minute. I would love the wr hole filled by the draft.

Pats726 said:
Seems a bit optimistic that GB may want a lot.....
GB does want a lot.

I think the Pats ought to wait until after the draft. It isn't like the Packers are going to ask MORE for him. they already want too much.

If a good WR or two falls in our laps, great, we can negotiatie harder for walker. If we don't get a decent WR in the draft, we are no worse off. It isn't like GB is going to want TWO first round picks

This would be a bad deal he is only worth a 3rd or 4th let him go to Denver.

re

R_T26 said:
You have to figure if GB was blocking him coming to NE originally the Pats must of offered the better deal. Why else would they let him go to NE unless they knew it was worth it. Im sure they want this done ASAP, and wouldnt waste their time with the Pats unless all the deal needed was the health to be ok. This could be like the Rodney situation all over again. Rodney suppose to meet with the broncos, Pats come in the last minute. I would love the wr hole filled by the draft.

RT, I disagree. I think that if the Packers were actually purposely blocking the Pats, then the Broncos or Saints offered a better pick, but that Walker most wanted to go to New England.

Walker is in Denver and expect a trade to be finalized tonight Denver will part with a number 1 for him

nescott said:
Walker is in Denver and expect a trade to be finalized tonight Denver will part with a number 1 for him

Is that speculation or are there any corroborating facts?

festy1986 said:
It's simple, he said he wasn't in NE and now is saying he is trying to get to NE.

Regardless of the facts or not he changed his tune, didn't say he lied or anything.

So now, we can discuss the latest development in this ordeal.

If the price is right, then I think the Pats need to make this deal.

He didn't change his tune. What he reported was factual. The situation changed. That isn't changing your tune. I'm sorry that you don't understand that.

nescott said:

As of 7:26 EDT, Walker was getting on a plane to head to New England according the NFL Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes