Welcome to PatsFans.com

John "The Wad" Edwards Getting Thrown to the Wolves.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 2, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

John Edwards has if nothing else brought new meaning to the term "crash and burn"

JOHN & ELIZABETH EDWARDS $53 MILLION DOLLAR DIVORCE - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hell hath no fury ....

Karma's a biitch. Best not to mess with it.

//

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

Edwards, Vitter, Sanford, Ensign all bottom feeders... and proof that many powerful men think with the wrong head...

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

John Edwards is a fukcing LOSER

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well said!! I always knew you were all right.

//

6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

It's sad that this country is so dumb that this passes for political commentary.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think we'd get a 100% consensus on that fa ct here. No matter what your political standing. A guy who cheats on his wife who is dying of cancer while running for president, thengets the chick pregnanat and tries to pin the kid off on one of his staffers is a complete LOSER.

No ifs ands or buts....

Mayor of Loser-ville....John Edwards.

I often wonder what would happen if he was a republican?

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

Didn't Gingrich do that also???

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha...I added the second question after this post...

"I wonder what would happen if he was a republican?"

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Newt pressed his first wife to sign divorce papers while she was still in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. He also graciously said "She isn't young enough or pretty enough to be the President's wife." But his second marriage hasn't been that smooth either. Newt and Marianne have been separated - "frankly", she told the Washington Post in June 1989, "it's been on and off for some time."

hahahahahah.......we could have a tight race for the Mayor of Loserville this year.

I'm sure the conservatives will distance themselves from Newt (cough-cough)

11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

I don't know that nor do I care to know. His wife could be the biggest ***** in history for all we know, that's why this game everyone plays of trying to dig up dirt on politicians personal lives and then conflating that with their public life is such a sad joke. What possible relevance does John Edwards' private life have on his political positions or leadership ability?

Last I checked many of the greatest men in history were complete assholes personally. Not only do we not have the intelligence needed to ignore that fact when discussing important issues, but we let this crap dominate the discourse to the point where people in large numbers vote based on whether or not his sham marriage is visibly a sham or not. This religious "family values" crap that people vote based on is just another symptom of the dumbing down of America, not to mention the ethical standards we pretend to hold politicians to that almost none of those screaming the loudest ever live up to.

12. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think it says a lot about a man, if he cheats on the dying mother of his children. It shows his lack of commitment, and inability to be honest with not just his family...but himself.

He is small, sad, and has no respect for his wife and children. How can we expect leadership from such a crap-tastic a-hole?

Elizabeth Edwards should get anything she wishes from this complete koksuker.

13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Maybe he's a huge a-hole personally. Maybe he's a ****ty father and a terrible husband. I don't know nor do I care. To say that that has any relevance at all to his political viabilty is a sad commentary on us as a people, not to mention a complete stretch. You're speculating, judging and then connecting it intangibly to some BS idea of "leadership" in a way that can't possibly be measured. Why not ban anyone from office who-s an adulterer? hell, lets just turn back the clock to the 1600s and become puritans again, after all the tabloid policing of the "sanctity of the family" should be the number one measuring stick for who makes decisions in this country.

What does this have to do with where he stands on the issues or what he wants changed in this country? When did political discourse turn into a frigging soap opera?

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Wildo,

I totally agree with you. And it sfunny that you asked WHEN, and its even funnier that it was when Clinton cigared Lewinski and Newt was all over him for it...its actually more Ironic than anything.

Maybe my anger stems from my own family and its history with cancer. Any person who doesn't stick by their partner in a time like that isn't a man at all. My respect level goes down to Bush levels with people like that, and I become pretty passionate.

I do understand that it SHOULD have no influence on the ability to lead or govern, but it does. Especially in todays instant news cycle. Edwards should have the smarts to know he can't get away with $#!t like this...he didn't...he thought he was slick...

NOW...most on the left or those who call themselves progressive will say they don't want Edwards to be the voice of anything for them. He can go away for all I care, die penny-less and severed from his family, I could really give two $#!Ts less about Him.

Gingritch? He might be running for president, and he is certainly on the talkshows as a voice of conservativism....

sad....

15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The guy ran for President Wildo ... where you be???

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Sheesh... you're serious.

IMO it has some bearing as character is important to being a good leader. If someone would so easily betray their wife and/or family then who else would they betray?

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

When did Wildo become President???

I demand a re-count!!!!

:steamed:

//

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

Character..........

If they "Cheat" on their family what do they do to the country that we don't know about, but there are very few really decent people in our government anyway, I've been holding my nose when I vote since 1947.
    I vote for them but I don't want any of them around my family or in my yard.

A man or women that is unfaithful to their family are both dishonest and untrustworthy they care not the disgrace they bring to the person they married, look what that fat drunken murdering pig Kennedy did to his wife Joan, Politicians are "Dirty People" but we have to have them it is how our government is run, they are in both party's and I for one will hold my nose and vote for them but I don't want them near my home or patting my dog.

Someday creepy Pretty Boy Edwards will be back, thats how it is.

20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

With our current Congress a dildo could be a president...Pelosi would love it.