Welcome to PatsFans.com

John Stossel's Illegal Everything

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotPat, Feb 28, 2012.

1. PatriotPat

PatriotPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

What a terrific piece. I'm watching it right now. Some of this stuff is just so outrageous. Things that stick out to me:

* The lemonade stand crap. Seriously, it's illegal? That cop saying "we don't know who made the lemonade" should be embarassed.

*The tree! Seriously, GFY! It's his property.

* Can't have a "meeting" of more than 3 people in your own house? I love when she says I have 5 kids. What idiotic laws.

* A wetlands? Outrageous! A prime example of what people mean when they say the EPA is out of control.

* ahahahahaha 15 hour class in order to sell lemonade. ahahahahaha

* The Taxi bit should really open people's eyes to what we've become, where we're headed, and why we're doomed moving forward. When you're the last, or one of the few places who allow something, the verbage becomes "such and such is the "only" place in the country that does it this way. Therefore we need to X..."
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Imagine raiding a produce co-op store with guns drawn over unpasteurized milk? Is this country serious?

I hope the people who got arrested for filming the police sued, and the cops who did the arresting were fired.

Happy to see that thug cop who tackled the cycler was canned. Hope he's flipping burgers somewhere.

These cops all need to be fired asap. So they arrest this woman for filming them from her own front yard. Complete joke. When she posts the video on Youtube a month later, the cops see it, and 4 uniformed officers show up at her home, and start writing tickets to her car, and her friends cars. They take out a ruler and write her a ticket for being more than 12 inches from the curb. Absolutely outrageous! To protect and serve my arse!

Officer Lyons is the man. That is how it's supposed to be done sir! It's good that they showed the other side of the coin. The good side. I know lots of cops, and there are good officers just like Mr Lyons.
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Fixed it for ya!
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I still can't get those 4 cops writing those tickets out of my head. Everyone needs to watch that clip. The filming cops segment starts at the 22 minute mark. Her story is a few minutes in from there. Watch what the cops do to her a month later. Outrageous! :mad:
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 2 / -1

Cops who can be shown to be targeting citizens for personal reasons should not only be fired, but should also face charges -- and their penalties should be greater given their violation of the public trust.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

That's been my position for a long time now. Public officials should be held accountable, more so, because their duties are entirely connected to the public trust. Be it corruption, an abuse of authority, or any violation of the law, those who serve the public should be penalized to the max, if not more so than their civilian counterparts. Although the latter point might run counter to the opinion that all men and women should be treated equally under the law.
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 2 / -1

It might, you're right, but they also have unequal protections -- laws against assulting cops, even when off duty, etc. I know you oppose those, but I'm fine with them -- I just want a 2-way street when it comes to their transgressions.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Stossel is great, best journalist out there.