PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Rooke, The Obvious Choice To Take Over For Gil Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Rooke would be a good choice, but Gil will be a favorite for a very long time.. during the "bad" years, he was a voice that will forever resonate in my brain..

I'm firmly in the ANYONE BUT TANGUAY camp....

John Rooke would be a good choice, but Gil will be a favorite for a very long time.. during the "bad" years, he was a voice that will forever resonate in my brain..

Can't agree more- he's been a great presence on radio for the Pats for a long time. I've been fortunate in being able to hear him all across the country via Sirius.

Can't agree more- he's been a great presence on radio for the Pats for a long time. I've been fortunate in being able to hear him all across the country via Sirius.

You must be 8 1/2 years behind the times then, stuck in 2004 pre-season since Sirius is 8 1/2 light years away. I won't spoil this for you but you are gonna luv Gil this 2004 season. Trust me!

Last edited:
I suggested this a couple of weeks ago. But a good idea can't be repeated enough. This should be a slam dunk, with the announcement coming soon after all the glorious farewells to Gil are over.

The only local broadcaster who has even a glimmer of hope to compete with John, is Sean McDonough. He is local, and has a lot of football experience. But he doesn't have Rooke's long term connection to the team, and you can't say that he'd be better than John.

The fact of the matter is that the Pats have Gil's replacement right in house, and he has been for the last 20 years. MAKE this happen, Bob

I suggested this a couple of weeks ago. But a good idea can't be repeated enough. This should be a slam dunk, with the announcement coming soon after all the glorious farewells to Gil are over.

The only local broadcaster who has even a glimmer of hope to compete with John, is Sean McDonough. He is local, and has a lot of football experience. But he doesn't have Rooke's long term connection to the team, and you can't say that he'd be better than John.

The fact of the matter is that the Pats have Gil's replacement right in house, and he has been for the last 20 years. MAKE this happen, Bob

Hope so but worried as Kraft seems to exercise no control over the awful gameday radio staff the Pats have endured

I haven't heard a Pats radio call in years because I'm either at the game or watching on television. I wish the radio call was synced with the television feed because I'd listen every time I watch. I think the radio folks are missing the boat there -- could be great for their advertisers.

Gil's golden pipes will be missed, for sure. One of the great radio voices.

I Love Gil's calls, "Ridley is down, AND IN !" or "Brady hands off to no one". And of course, "It's good !! I'ts Good !! Patriots are Worlds Champions !!!!" He belongs in the Patriot's Hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back