PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Rabold- Air Force- Anyone have any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrazyeye

On the Roster
Reaction score
John Rabold played for Air Force, excelling in an attacking 3-4.
His senior season he had 73 tackles, 17.5 for a loss and 5.5 sacks.
He is listed as 6'2 241.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9911
Any chance of him coming to The Patriots as an inside LB, maybe 7th round or UDFA?

Does anyone have any knowledge of him/ seen him play?

Last edited:
I don't watch Air Force games. :(

i also just realized that he has a commitment to the air force out of college. I think he has 2 years of active duty, then he can join the NFL, if anyone offers him a contract. Nevermind

i also just realized that he has a commitment to the air force out of college. I think he has 2 years of active duty, then he can join the NFL, if anyone offers him a contract. Nevermind

There may be ways of working it out; after all, the Pats had a deal in place for Kyle Eckel before Nick Saban screwed him over. [IMO, that ranks as one of the all-time douchebag moves in NFL history. :enranged:]

Then again, I remember another thread about a player from the Air Force. . . .

Air Force?

How about an Army safety that is rated much higher?

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1285

Caleb Campbell would look really nice in a Patriots uniform. The seventh rated safety out of a service academy? Are you kidding me? I doubt he'll make it past the seventh round.

Here's the background: [Caleb Campbell] is a special player. Campbell is one of the better athletes in this draft. He sometimes gets by with pure athleticism. He is fast and agile enough to play safety in the NFL, but there's talk he can move to outside linebacker (although, he is undersized and under-strength for that position). He's not a twiner, he is a real football player.

Last edited:
Re: Eckel--yeah, it's not the claiming on waivers that bothered me, it was dumping him on the Military/Reserve list that did it for me.

Re: Campbell--I won't mind if the Pats spend a day two pick on him. :)

Well, in essence, they robbed the kid of an NFL career, which was a longshot to begin with. Once they found out the Navy wouldn't let him participate, they could have easily returned him to New England. I can't believe that didn't have an effect on Belichick and Saban's friendship. I mean, it's not like he was the next coming of LaDainian Tomlinson and had the potential to hurt the Dolphins year after year. Luckily (strange word in this context) the Navy kicked him out due to conduct unbecoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes