PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Molori's Media Blitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Fox analysts show ignorance toward McNabb; TV and radio veteran Ed Berliner starts sports website.

More...

Hope this doesn't come off sounding disrespectful, but ...
what a strange, extensive plug for someone named Ed Berliner.

Hope this doesn't come off sounding disrespectful, but ...
what a strange, extensive plug for someone named Ed Berliner.

I find it very difficulty to take an article serioulsy that starts with:

"Things can get ugly when certain middle-aged white men attempt to analyze race related comments made by an African-American. "

and is written by a middle-aged white guy who attempts to analyze race related comments made by an African-American.

Besides, I find the premise that to have an opinion on whether someone who is African-American saying he is more heavily criticized than someone who is white that you must be African-American ludicrous.

The opinion is not about being African-American, the opinion is about whether or not he is more heavily criticized (and whether or not, if so, he should be). Anyone can determine if McNabb gets criticzed more than he deserves, based on whether the criticism is accurate or not. Last I checked judging a football players ability vs the level of criticism he receives does not require belonging to any ethnic, social, religious or other group.

Is Michael Irvin not allowed to criticize Rex Grossman, because Irvin doesnt know what its like to be white?

Sorry, for the rant, I just find it demeaning to any ethnic group to draw ethnic lines in every discussion.

IMO, McNabb is the one who is wrong. I firmly believe that if he were white, Asian, Hispanic, Somoan, or an Eskimo, the opinions people have about him AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER would be exactly the same.

And I am a middle aged white guy.

I find it very difficulty to take an article serioulsy that starts with:

"Things can get ugly when certain middle-aged white men attempt to analyze race related comments made by an African-American. "

and is written by a middle-aged white guy who attempts to analyze race related comments made by an African-American.

Besides, I find the premise that to have an opinion on whether someone who is African-American saying he is more heavily criticized than someone who is white that you must be African-American ludicrous.

The opinion is not about being African-American, the opinion is about whether or not he is more heavily criticized (and whether or not, if so, he should be). Anyone can determine if McNabb gets criticzed more than he deserves, based on whether the criticism is accurate or not. Last I checked judging a football players ability vs the level of criticism he receives does not require belonging to any ethnic, social, religious or other group.

Is Michael Irvin not allowed to criticize Rex Grossman, because Irvin doesnt know what its like to be white?

Sorry, for the rant, I just find it demeaning to any ethnic group to draw ethnic lines in every discussion.

IMO, McNabb is the one who is wrong. I firmly believe that if he were white, Asian, Hispanic, Somoan, or an Eskimo, the opinions people have about him AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER would be exactly the same.

And I am a middle aged white guy.

I agree. I try to go about my life in a color blind manner, and I certainly root for a hell of a lot of black athletes and I am a musician who plays with black or white players and listens to black or white music without regard.

So I am just puzzled when people constantly draw these racial divides. I think racism is completely a two way street, and the only way to get off that street is for both sides to stop bickering about it. I get the sense that McNabb is highly distrustful of white people, based simply on their skin color. That is being racist.

I agree with all of the above posts.

I also think that Bradshaw and Switzer are rednecked morons. The Steelers and Cowboys would have won more SBs if there had been others at QB and HC, respectively. Does that make me a racist against my own race?

I agree. I try to go about my life in a color blind manner, and I certainly root for a hell of a lot of black athletes and I am a musician who plays with black or white players and listens to black or white music without regard.

So I am just puzzled when people constantly draw these racial divides. I think racism is completely a two way street, and the only way to get off that street is for both sides to stop bickering about it. I get the sense that McNabb is highly distrustful of white people, based simply on their skin color. That is being racist.

This is where nit being African-American would make it difficult for me to understand their viewpoint, but my opinion is that if I was a member of a race that was dealing with ignorance and prejudice, I would not want my battle to overcome it to be defined by a McNabb complaining writers are tougher on him, or all of the race innuendo in the Vick issue.
I would feel that bringing race in to those type of issues belittles the REAL problems that the ethnic group faces. If I can reach to race as an EXCUSE then the cases where race is REALLY AN ISSUE are taken less seriously.

Again, I am not a part of that group so I may not see it through their eyes, but I would feel McNabb is trying to escape criticism on the back of people who have faced real racism and had severe consequences to it, and Vick supporters are doing the same to create an excuse for him.

I just wonder how people who truly SUFFERED from racism would feel about Donovan McNabb reducing the discussion about real problems to why people pick on him too much.

OK, that is the end of my political/sociological ramblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes