Welcome to PatsFans.com

John McCain: Illegal Immigrants Caused Arizona Wildfires

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well, he brings up a lot of circumstantial supposition and it's not too much of a stretch to see that if it wasn't this fire it could be the next one but I don't see the smoking gun(pun sorta intended:p) with this yet.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Shhhhhhhhhhhh
    It's Racists to post these things.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

What a clown. This guy, the father of the proposed Amnesty bill that would have made illegal immigration 10x worse, is now suddenly concerned about them. So glad I never voted for this guy. Thank you for your service to the country sir, but it's time for you to retire.

4. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

When did John McCain become an arson investigator? Just when I think McCain is going to fade away from saying crazy things, he pops up again with these inane statements.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

My in-laws are being evacuated for the 5th time in Sierra Vista today. as of last night the fire was 3 miles away.

My father in-law is the chief of the fire department, and brother in law is a cop in the town. They have located the souce of the fire, and it was ceratinly arson, but blaming illegals for this is straight up dangerous. Its like pouring gasoline on the situation.

Dear John McCain,

Do somthing constructive, or STFU. What the heck is wrong with you?

My thoughts and prayers go to those who have already lost their homes, and those who are going to.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I don't think it's outrageous to consider illegals in fires like these. His points are valid in a general sense. I just think his concern for illegals is comical after his amnesty proposal a few years ago.

7. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Growing up in Australia bush fires were a way of life. The big ones, 1983 and 2009, were caused by lightning strikes, extremely dry underbrush, power lines covered in trees and arson. Most of the time the arsonist was a firefighter.

McCain blaming illegals is ridiculous.

Can you imagine if he was President right now? He has really lost his mind the last 5 years. It's too bad as I liked him back in the earlier part of the Century.

8. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Exactly. If people are out there illegal or not and they light fires for whatever reason then there's a chance a fire grows out of control. Fire spreads without regard to how or who started it. It just so happens that many of the people out there are illegal. They do light fires for cooking, signals and warmth. It may be irresponsible to accuse them of starting this fire without any direct evidence but its just as valid to question them as it would be to question legal campers in the area.

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its just as NOT outrageous to think that this fire was started by some white, teenaged meth-head...

whats the point?

10. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

How about the idiot campers/hikers we hear about every year that get lost in the woods and then need to be saved? They don't start a campfire to stay warm/eat, etc.

I don't see politicians from California, New Mexico or Texas blaming illegals for the fires in their States.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I don't quite understand the wording here, but my only point is that the reasons mentioned with regards to illegals and potentially starting wild fires is legitimate. Whether they are to blame here I have no idea. It could be a meth head, a lightning strike like someone mentioned, illegals, or big foot passing gas near an open flame. Who knows how or who it was that started it.

12. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Did you miss that part? Look it. It's valid to look at the possibility is all I'm saying. Anyone that lights fires out there may be the culprits

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

at no point does McLame mention bigfoot, campers, lightning or meth heads. He only mentions "illegals" and says that there is substantial evidence that illegals do this...

===========================================================
    “There is substantial evidence that some of these fires are caused by people who have crossed our border illegally,” McCain, said at a press conference Saturday after touring the Wallow fire [...]

“They have set fires because they signal others, they have set fires to keep warm, and they have set fires in order to divert law enforcement agents and agencies from them,” McCain said. “The answer to that part of the problem is to get a secure border.”
    ===========================================================

he is full of crap. until evidence comes forth about who started this, he is simply using a tragedy for political gain.

If it was a meth-head who started it, would McCain ask for more drug treatment facilities?

hell no.

14. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

McCain said illegals started the fires. He has now back tracked a little bit:

15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

There is information that could determine the probability that it was a campsite of illegals or others.

Did the fire originate in an area used by Recreational campers?

In an area used by illegals in Transit?

What was left at the campsite? Did it identify what sort of 'campers' were there?

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

This fire was set by a White Mother F-cker with a Bible and a Hank Williams CD in his backpack, it is cruel and insulting to think that some poor hungry beautiful little Mexican with nothing but love in his heart could have done this with his little campfire.

McCain is an old nut, he is the reason I didn't vote at least I think I didn't vote, God Damn white bastards leave them alone for five minutes and they'll f-ck something up, thats why Obama's a war monger he's half white.

17. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

and I said in that OP that I didn't see the smoking gun he did. It was all supposition based on the fact that they were known to start fires for personal uses.

18. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

There is information that says a fire was set at a campsite. Did gypsy's set the fire? Did NASCAR fans? I have no idea but I will contact the media and say gypsy's did it.

McCain is out of his mind.

19. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Engage Mav, engage!