PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Madden retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy's a legend, even thought he might not always have been competent he was always amusing, football won't be nearly as much fun without him.

If the ref ref ref referee throws a flag, then there's pro o obably gonna be a penalty... lol

I love Madden.

You see he'll go up here, and then this guy, he's gonna do this.. wooop:D

Props to Madden hes a legend and will be missed but seriously they replaced him with ******* Collinsworth :confused: looks like Sunday night football will be MUTED.

I'll miss Johnny M, he's a great sportscaster.

Now if only we could get the MNF crew to retire too...

You see (pointing to incomprehendable scribles on a telepromter) first he went to the left, then he shifted to the right than he spun around looking for a turducken, this froze the defensive line allowing Collingsworth to slip thru the empty hole.

That is why Brett Favre is the greatest QB to have ever played the game.

========

Anyone think that maybe Madden will follow in his idols footsteps and unretire in a couple of months?

I admire him for knowing when to retire. He hd begun to slow down over the last few years. And even though he traveled in relative luxury on that tour bus (he had a fear of flying), all that time on the road must've gotten tiring.

eh, he was prolly doing nothing... pun intended.:rolleyes:

That is why Brett Favre is the greatest QB to have ever played the game.

Madden could be talking about a strong safety and he would find a way to get a Favre reference into the discussion.:D

The parallels with Cosell are quite apt.

Love him or hate him, John Madden was great for football.

I loved him, and will miss the sound of his voice each week.

Always a fan of the the big guy,enjoy your retirement years John!( Hope I can retire before 73 .....:) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back