PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lynch on his time with the Pats (great article!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lynch discusses how BB recruited him and how their relationship has sustained itself even though he didn't stay with the Pats.

"I spent a lot of time with Bill," Lynch said. "He and I had a unique relationship. I joke with him often that he was trying to pick my brain. He was always fascinated with Monte Kiffin, what we did down in Tampa. So a lot of it, he had me on the chalkboard, telling me, 'Alright, so how would Monte do this?' I told him that's the only reason he brought me there, to pick my brain on Monte Kiffin. But we had a great time and have a great relationship to this day because of it."​

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/09/bill_belichick_john_lynch_new.html

I really want to listen to the podcast, but I'm not downloading iTunes. Too bad.

Cheating Belichick confirmed. Harassing players to get information about opposing coaches..

Lynch left out that Belichick would frequently ask about Monte Kiffin's personal life. "Is he a gambler? How does he handle his finances? Any personal indiscretions that may have been photographed? What I'm saying is I want Kiffin's defensive playbook, and he won't simply give it to me." :)

And I agree. Lynch is the man. I was really hoping he would play out the season that year with the Pats.

Great article. Another example of why BB is the GOAT.

ESPN: "Belichick signs veteran HOF players to steal secrets and then cut them before the season"

I hear he bugged Lynch's Gatorade.

I hear he bugged Lynch's Gatorade.
And messed with his Bose headset so he only got Santos and Cappelletti on the way home after being cut.

So the question is, Lynch having informed Shanahan of his intention to leave, how did Belichick find out so that he could start calling?

So the question is, Lynch having informed Shanahan of his intention to leave, how did Belichick find out so that he could start calling?
He wasn't on the roster when he "stepped away".

Here is BB in a nutshell:

1. He cares a great deal about the person he is dealing with

2. He cares even more about the organization

3. In any clash between the two, the good of the organization comes first.

But that's fine because:

i. Everyone knows that,

and so:

ii. His personal relationship with the individual can survive even if the work relationship comes to an end.
Which makes him, to my mind, just about the ideal guy to work for. How many of us are lucky enough to have had that in a boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down