John Lynch: BB the best coach he played for

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This was posted at Patriots Daily:

He went on to say he learned more about football and a winning organization in the 3 weeks or so that he was with the Patriots than anywhere else.

Not tons of detail, but definitely worth reading.

Velly interesting.

WOW.. I'm usually not bowled over with comments like this but coming from John Lynch..

Wow those are some really nice things to say and it means much more when you factor the guys he has worked with.

High praise indeed,and ans many others have stated,from a man voted to several pro bowls,and who has played for some great coaches....

Maybe he's thinking about un-retiring. Flattery will get you everywhere! :D

WOW.. I'm usually not bowled over with comments like this but coming from John Lynch..

Wait, didn't he play for Saint Tony????????The heresy of it..............

I was fascinated to read this part:

He added that the last exhibition game, he and BB spoke prior to the game and both agreed that it wasn’t going to work and Lynch informed BB that he would retire. BB offered to allow him to play with the starters, one or two series and then done, but Lynch asked to play the whole game, realizing this might cost BB the chance to look at some guys that might stick, but BB played him. Lynch said he had a blast playing with a bunch of young guys he barely knew.

Remember how we all tried to dissect what it meant that Lynch got so much playing time in that game? So it turns out it was simply a gift to a retiring player, to let him get in one last game of football before hanging it up. Amazing.

We all try to read the Pats' moves like tea leaves, but there's so much behind the scenes we'll never know. And of course, the more those things reflect kindly on Bill Belichick, the less he lets us know them. :)

This guy is a true Patriot through and through... despite the fact that he was only a Patriot for three weeks.

We knew this... but good to hear it from Lynch..

Wow.. he learned more about football in THREE WEEKS with Belichick? That's unreal. Man, I was wishing this guy had some gas left in the tank for us.

Wow that says alot considering he played under Dungy, Gruden, and Shanahan, the four coaches he played under have a combined 7 superbowl rings (if you want to count BB even though it was only a couple weeks)

Played a year in college for Bill Walsh, 6 seasons with Tony Dungy, 2 seasons with Jon Gruden, 4 seasons with Mike Shanahan....

...and picks his coach of 3 weeks, Bill Belichick, as his favorite. That's pretty amazing.

Geeze - imagine how complimentary he'd be if the guy hadn't cut him.

Wow.. he learned more about football in THREE WEEKS with Belichick? That's unreal. Man, I was wishing this guy had some gas left in the tank for us.

Seriously. He'd have made a really good Pats kind of player and at the time I was hoping his situation might have somehow worked out.

I hope this story grows some legs; it's an awesome tribute to BB and a check mark for John Lynch too :)

Maybe a comment like that from a guy like Lynch MIGHT have an effect on some FA's.

Who am I kidding? $ will have the biggest effect.

Maybe a comment like that from a guy like Lynch MIGHT have an effect on some FA's.

Who am I kidding? $ will have the biggest effect.

Well, if the money's close, who would you rather play for, the Patriots or the Cowboys?

If it's A$ante or Branch, maybe the $500K difference would be enough to go to Dallas :p , but for most others, the Patriots would be the obvious choice.

Last edited:
I bet he now wishes he hadn't taken the Denver job when NE offered to sign him way back when.

You know, this just speaks volumes about how blessed we are to have such a great coach leading our Football team. The media can print whatever they want, but the players in the league know the truth. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes