PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lester Claimed on Waivers

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just putting this here in case we have a discussion.

He was claimed by a mystery team ... that's all we know right now.

I would not trade him ... but we'll see right.

There's no links anywhere ... just a rumor by the talking heads.

Last edited:
I probably would not trade him either, but it would depend on the package..

Not much time left to do something..

They already pulled him back, maybe just gauging whos interested in him and they'll explore in the off season, then again it could mean nothing.

I probably would not trade him either, but it would depend on the package..

Not much time left to do something..
They already pulled him back, maybe just gauging whos interested in him and they'll explore in the off season, then again it could mean nothing.

I am glad they pulled him back ... unless we were getting someone's top 2 of 4 prospects it's not worth it. I am not sure Lester is #1 material but when healthy he can be an adequate #2 or #3.

If we went into next year with a healthy Buckholz, lester, Lackey and Dubront and make a trade for a legit #1 I would be very pleased. Then we have the newly acquired Perez and Barnes on the farm. Pitching is not the problem - keeping them healthy is the problem.

Last edited:
Pitching is not the problem - keeping them healthy is the problem.[/QUOTE said:
Are you friggin nuts?! This is the worst staff in baseball.

I am glad they pulled him back ... unless we were getting someone's top 2 of 4 prospects it's not worth it. I am not sure Lester is #1 material but when healthy he can be an adequate #2 or #3.

If we went into next year with a healthy Buckholz, lester, Lackey and Dubront and make a trade for a legit #1 I would be very pleased. Then we have the newly acquired Perez and Barnes on the farm. Pitching is not the problem - keeping them healthy is the problem.

I am very interested to see Lackey next year. He has taken a bad rep but from everything I've read he is looking amazing. This is a guy who with the Angles a little while ago was a star. Could be a good #3/#4 for us.

I am very interested to see Lackey next year. He has taken a bad rep but from everything I've read he is looking amazing. This is a guy who with the Angles a little while ago was a star. Could be a good #3/#4 for us.

If Lackey gets back to where he was pre-injury, if Lester gets back to where he's been the last 4 out of 5 years, Bucholz sems to have righted the ship, lts a lot of ifs but not an unrealistic possibility, and they have the makings of a decent staff. Would still like them to somehow get a true number 1 along with the other ifs.

Who's Perez?

Rubby ... the fire baller we got from the Dodgers.

the kid can hum it ... 100 mph :eek:

isn't that de la Rosa?

Webster might be good, too, though I don't know how close he's supposed to be.

Hope Ranaudo can get healthy at some point.

i have been pretty hard on Lackey, but hopefully he is a different guy now that jackass Beckett is gone. Lackey was going through a divorce and obviously pitching with a bad elbow...so i will give him a chance.

I also still like Dice K for some reason (at a reasonable price)

i have seen all i want to see of lackey. i hope hes the next cry baby to go.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back