PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lackey

It's impossible to defend Lackey any further so I'm not going to bother. The turnaround we'd hope for isn't going to happen. It's time he was sent down to Triple A to find some form or traded away.
They can't option him down to Pawtucket. As for trading him away or cutting him, you'll have to write a $50 million check to do either or those things. Easy to say what they should do when it isn't your money.

Can Lackey be optioned to Pawtucket? Will he refuse assignment? He is a POS
Well, if he refused the assignment he would get a check for about $50 million from the Red Sox and become an unrestricted free agent. So yeah, I think he would refuse the assignment.

They can't option him down to Pawtucket. As for trading him away or cutting him, you'll have to write a $50 million check to do either or those things. Easy to say what they should do when it isn't your money.
you have just enterd the ausbucker twilight zone lol. :D

Is there some referenced material to back up your claim? I haven't been able to find anything that says he can't be optioned.

If you think Lackey has been a value signing then good for you. The Red Sox don't throw money around flippantly like most people tend to believe. If your information is correct then to date it's not been a fruitful signing for the Sox and one which we'll have to eat for some time.

Last edited:
Is there some referenced material to back up your claim? I haven't been able to find anything that says he can't be optioned.

If you think Lackey has been a value signing then good for you. The Red Sox don't throw money around flippantly like most people tend to believe. If your information is correct then to date it's not been a fruitful signing for the Sox and one which we'll have to eat for some time.

I don't know the exact rules, but a veteran like lackey can't simply be sent to the minors.

I don't know the exact rules, but a veteran like lackey can't simply be sent to the minors.
Fair enough. Better to just have him pitch through it in the Majors and hope the offense gives him enough support to get the win it seems.

Cheers.

3 good games (good for Lackey) now with tonight's victory over Seattle.

I still don't like him ... but I am happy to see him earning his $$$.

GO SOX !!!

3 good games (good for Lackey) now with tonight's victory over Seattle.

I still don't like him ... but I am happy to see him earning his $$$.

GO SOX !!!

I have never liked him.. still don't. But we are stuck with him. So I will root for him to do well and I will support him while he wears our laundry... and still think he looks like pvt. Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

:help: ... :steamed: ... :violent: ... :enranged: ... :violent: ... :steamed: ... :help:

Notice the mad smileys right hand - this is what us fans are doing this year.​

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back