PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lackey

ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I make of this signing anymore. His pitching is punctuated with to many errors and he can't hold a lead.

What an uninspiring signing Lackey has been given his contract.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I make of this signing anymore. His pitching is punctuated with to many errors and he can't hold a lead.

What an uninspiring signing Lackey has been given his contract.

The question is whether or not Lackey is just having a tough season, or if this is what he's going to be, moving forward. The same goes for Beckett too. As it stands right now, the Sox have both players signed for 4 more years, at well over something like $120 million. I think Lackey can bounce back, but to me, Beckett's best days might be behind him.

The question is whether or not Lackey is just having a tough season, or if this is what he's going to be, moving forward. The same goes for Beckett too. As it stands right now, the Sox have both players signed for 4 more years, at well over something like $120 million. I think Lackey can bounce back, but to me, Beckett's best days might be behind him.
That's what concerns me. We have committed big contracts to Lackey and Beckett and neither have pitched well against good sides. It's funny to think how quickly Bucholz and Lester have become our one-two punch.

I have to agree with the sentiment of some posters that Tito hasn't managed the pitching well this season. For mine he's tried to push them one inning to far or not pulled them the moment the opposition gets on top of them.

Food for thought in 2011.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back