Welcome to PatsFans.com

John Kerry's Curious Stock Trades

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Nov 19, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

» EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS: The Kerrys’ Curious Stock Trades - Big Government

Sp the guy who doesn't wants to pay taxes on his yacht and advocates taxes for small business, benefits big time from insider trading with a series of brilliant trades in a sector where he is chairman of a committee.

So the regulators use their position to trade stocks in companies impacted by the regulations they put in place. It will be fun to se who benefited from the Dodd-Frank. This is why the power of the government to regulate and try to control the economy should be limited.

At least some of these crooks are starting to get embarrassed by the situation:

Senators propose rules stopping insider trading by Congress members - The Hill's On The Money

Better late than never.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +475 / 18 / -17

This is almost certainly something we all agree on. The left and Tea Party activists are united here. Someone ought to investigate what the rules are at the state level, as well.

3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

Agree about corruption at the state level although they cn't influence the profits on national and multinational companies they way people at the federal level. BTW these laws should also apply to people in the administrations and the staffers also.

Feinstein who is worth 70M also is corrupt:

I wouldn't call the book a novel myself.....More examples of why the feds shouldn't be funding private enterprise.

BTW as examples come up of corrupt pubs using their power to enrich themselves please post here to expose the crooks.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +702 / 20 / -30

FYI our Senator, Sheldon Whitehouse, was named initially.. but since then there has been a retraction.

Without regard, using sites that rely on Big Government is a poor way or displaying an argument, there is enough information out there.. without relying on Breitbart et al.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Opportunity aside, what's his motive to commit this crime? (assuming he has done so) He's already vastly wealthy from marrying Teresa Heinz.

6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

It isn't a crime currently insider trading by politicians for their own personal gain is allowed.

They are greedy?

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Bud Fox: How much is enough?
    Gordon Gekko: It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.

The only problem I have is with your desire to paint one party as the culprit. Yes or No, George Bush was involved with insider trading? This was before his presidency in which he was found innocent by a court of law.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

The MSM is mostly ignoring the story, the LW blogsphere is making excuses for the perps (see the HuffPo piece). In the first post on the book I linked to Bretibart's demand that pub Bachus (r-AL) resign. As I said if there are other examples of pubs doing this please bring them forward.

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +475 / 18 / -17

PF, Senators and Congresspeople will always have access to advantageous information they can use for their own enrichment. Foreign trade, WTO negotiations, interstate commerce issues, military investments, infrastructure investments, and so on would give them advantages in even a small government libertarian scenario. In fact, there is a contingent in libertarian circles that absolutely favors insider trading. In that case, why should politicians be singled out? But, I'm with you, and believe that we should do what can to stop insider trading because it corrupts people's motivations and the integrity of our political and economic system.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

WOW! You totally ignored my question. I know that does not surprise others on this board. Your in denail that the Republican party does not inside trade, because I offer no evidence. Quite honestly, if I were to provide a link as proof you would dismiss it. I have better things to do then try to find dishonesty on the "other" political party. If you want to believe that it's a good party-bad party system, then good luck with your life. Here is my softball question: Did George Bush use his knowledge (inside trading) to profit from his company? Yes he was found innocent, as was OJ.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

My first post on this topic on another thread I started talked about a Pub Bachus?

And I have brought up Boehner also so I am confused about your comment. It is also why I solicited stories about pubs doing this.

Perhaps you are projecting and being defensive about dems being involved also?

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +821 / 7 / -2

Didn't people in here see the 60 Minutes piece on this? This completely crosses party lines. This is rampant throughout government. Not just congress or the senate either. This goes through every level of government, from elected officials to aides, to agency heads I'm sure. This is worth the 15 minutes. Something has to be done about this. Whether it's requiring that all financial, or investment related financial transactions be made public, by publicalls elected officials, or outright prohibiting any elected official from investing at all, while serving office. Something has to be done period.

'60 Minutes' Blows The Lid Off Congressional Insider Trading - YouTube

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Agree 100%. Good post, but not as good as the sig.

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sure thing, sdaniels. Because we never see someone with vast amounts of wealth or power break the law trying to get more. :rolleyes:

15. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +120 / 20 / -16

Too bad Kerry didn't lose money....

I would love to see him lose his shirt and have someone ask him........

Why such a long face John......

Attached Files: