Welcome to PatsFans.com

John Kerry calls for hearings on the pirates ....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha: ..... oooooo, tough guy. What's he gonna do, hit 'em with his surf board????

Kerry calls for pirate hearings as drama continues
    By Bridget Johnson
    Posted: 04/09/09 02:11 PM [ET]

The chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee called for hearings on the mounting piracy threat as the fate of an American cargo-ship captain remained in limbo Thursday.

"These acts of piracy off of Somalia’s coastline may seem surreal, but they’re all too real and a thorough policy debate is long overdue," said Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) in a statement. "When Americans, including at least one from Massachusetts, are endangered, you’ve got a complicated and dangerous international situation brewing, and that includes questions about a hot-pursuit policy on Somalia’s coastline."

The 20-member crew of the Maersk Alabama, which was carrying food from the World Food Program and the United States Agency for International Development to Kenya, managed to wrest control of the ship from the pirates after the Wednesday hijacking, but the ship's captain, Richard Phillips, was taken by pirates into a lifeboat that was drifting near the Alabama and the USS Bainbridge guided missile destoyer, which had arrived on scene to aid the ship.

TheHill.com - Kerry calls for pirate hearings as drama continues

//

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

not sure what you're trying to do here? b!tch about Kerry? applaud the acknowledgement of the issue? just complaining to hear yourself complain?

what exactly is your underlying point?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

John Kerry 1968-73 = Ho Chi Mihn's best friend; all of Vietnam, followed quickly by Cambodia and Laos, delivered into communist hands; millions slaughtered.

John Kerry 2009 = "We gotta do something about them pirates!!! :woohoo:"

Give us a break. John Kerry is the least qualified person to talk about getting tough on piracy. But I guess that's what 1984 is all about.

//

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hearings are a good place to start. The first question to ask is why the hell are we requiring these guys to defend themselves with frikkin' fire hoses of all things? In this Rambo nation where that poor Captain's aunt Betsy may very well have three guns at the ready to defend herself from any sort of attack here at home, those guys are floating around in one of the most dangerous areas of the world with fire hoses to defend themselves.

I keep hearing people say that we don't want fire fights on our civilian merchant vessels. Those people need to shut up. Fire fights ain't great, but they're hugely better than hostage situations.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Would it be better for Kerry to say, gee whiz republicans I cannot have an opinion because I was against an unjust war and the administrations 40 years ago... maybe it would be better if we all said a prayer.....

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Had nothing to do with Nixon pulling out, huh?

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Exactly, this Pirate thing boggles the mind, these ships know that these Pirates are there waiting for them and yet they sail right in there with nothing but a "water hose".

I have noticed that there are some very inteligent people on this forum, I would like to ask, "why don't these ships have armed guards and why don't these guards shoot these smelly f---ing pirates and then sink their little dory's" WHERE THE HELL ARE THE GUNS KILL THE BASTARDS THEY ARE NOTHING BUT USELESS SCUMMY GANG BANGERS WITH MOTOR BOATS THE WORLD AND THE SEA WILL BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE WITHOUT THE MAGGOT SWINE, BEHEAD ONE OF THEM AND PUT HIS SH!T HEAD ON THE BOW FOR ALL THE OTHER VERMIN TO SEE.

The old cackling head bobbing hand clapping HAG Pant Suit Hillary said "we are monitoring the situation" LOL now that f--king idiot John Fonda Kerry is going to hold a hearing.

It sounds to me like a bunch of sobbing bed wetting liberal a$s holes are running this Pirate Show, "oh god, what will we do, lets talk about it, lets monitor it, oh dear, make it go away, give them some free condoms, send Jimmy Carter over there with some free basket balls, oh please don't hurt them.

This solution would stop all this crap in two days "KILL THE BASTARDS".

When a "scumsucker" in Maine try's to climb through a window at 3 AM to rob & rape (the victims don't monitor the situation) before he has a chance to get his other leg in he suddenly has his whole f--king face blown off and then everybody in the house takes turns kicking the dead body, scumsuckers in Maine know this, there are very few house breaks as a result of this.

KILL THEM, THEY WILL STOP COMING

GOD DAMN SOMALIA

8. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Foggy, why don't you take your outboard to the Indian Sea and show him how it's done. :rolleyes:

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm on my way as we speak ..... firing up the Gulfstream right now.....

:yeeha:....<-------------- John F__king Kerry's charge of the "light" brigade

//

10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

will he be for it before he is against it?

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He'll think of something to make himself look good .... that's what pols do.

//

12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

"I am not a nation builder." Which is worse? You guys are awfully convenient.

13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

and for you, everything is an irrelevant comparison............basically, nobody has any right to expect anything more out of the current administration and that they have every right to be every bit as bad as the last one........wrong

14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

1) You are putting words in to my mouth. This is not an honest assessment.
    2) This can also be easily disproved: I'm on the record as saying that the warrantless wiretapping issue is fair game. Why? Because it's a matter of policy. It's not just some lazy, arguable, trivial attack.

15. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

everything is fair game.........and I am not putting words in your mouth.......you doing exactly what I said every time you go back to the last administration as a response for someone's claims about this administration.........you justify the bufoonery of the obama because of the bufoonery of bush......

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

..... anyway, maybe JFKerry has reformed?? Grown a pair?? Running for president might do that, you know.

I'm glad *somebody* is calling for hearings on this shiit. This is unbelievable, how this little band of misfits can terrorize the high seas in a very busy shipping lane area of the world.

Of course the answer lies in eliminating the home base these punks use, and for a long time Somalia has been one lawless piece of real estate. Re-establishing some order and rule of law is first priority there. Europe and the U.S. will -- once again -- have to lead the way, as China and Russia couldn't care less.

//

17. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I asked that question too, but there actually is a pretty good reason: mutinies. If the crew has easy access to weapons and feel that they are being mistreated, underpaid, whatever, they would have the ability to hold up ships and put captains in harm's way. This likely wouldn't be a problem on a military boat, but on a cargo ship that is its own company and everyone's an employee it could happen. Interesting point that made me think.

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If a shipping company wants to treat its employees like shot and fire them if they bring guns onboard they don't need a law.

19. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You keep saying things that aren't true. You said that my position is that "nobody has any right to expect anything more out of the current administration and that they have every right to be every bit as bad as the last one".

That is simply not true. How many more times do I have to say it? This administration should be better.

Using Bush's own words in the context of Kerry is great because it shows that you guys really are cherry-picking.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Nuke Somalia