PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Henry reportedly to buy Globe

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: John Henry is new owner of Boston Globe, which reports on Red Sox on daily basis | masslive.com

Report: NY Times Agrees To Sell Boston Globe To Red Sox Owner John Henry « CBS Boston

Source: John Henry Selected as New Boston Globe Owner ? GammonsDaily.com

A source says the New York Times Corporation has chosen John Henry as the new owner of the Boston Globe.
–Peter Gammons

Not long on details, but there you go. Reports are the Krafts were once thought to be going for it— THAT wold have been interesting.

The unravelling of the Culzsburger printing empire continues. The family idiot running it, has had to discard all their other weeklies and dailies. He has had to sell all the ancillary properties like the Boston Red Sox, keeping only the hollow shell of the NY Times. That newspaper is also losing money hand over fist.

He was successful in changing the motto of the NYT from:
"All the news that is fit to print", to the new motto:
"All the news that fits in print".

So the Globe that last sold over a decade ago for over $1 Billion will now sell for ~$80M or so, most of the value being in the Morrisey Blvd land. Pathetic once great rag. Kraft was SO right not to buy this distraction.

I thought the Red Sox already owned the Globe. :eek:

If I had the money, I'd buy the Globe just to fire Shaughnessy.

I'd like that post ten thousand times if I could...

I'd like that post ten thousand times if I could...
Me too.

Mr. Kraft was never the sort of person that Pinch and the NYT would allow to own the Globe. He's both fiscally, and socially conservative and that just wouldn't due for the useful idiots on their board of trustees.

Me too.

Mr. Kraft was never the sort of person that Pinch and the NYT would allow to own the Globe. He's both fiscally, and socially conservative and that just wouldn't due for the useful idiots on their board of trustees.

Kraft is philantropic but would be totally incompatible with the NYT Charity.

They provide employment and a Group Home, for thousands of unemployable Left wing radicals, and out-of-work Marxists, who still believe that psuedo-scientific claptrap.

Kraft is philantropic but would be totally incompatible with the NYT Charity.

They provide employment and a Group Home, for thousands of unemployable Left wing radicals, and out-of-work Marxists, who still believe that psuedo-scientific claptrap.

Well said. :cool:

Didn't John Henry lose his ass being a CTA? Almost went bankrupt I read somewhere...

Me too.

and the firing Shaughnessy thing too. Hell that'd be fun.

Will this mean that Gerry Callahan can no longer run his mouth about the Globe, as WEEI is the "Flagship Station" of the Red Sox??????

Maybe Callahan will be forced to says something of substance, instead of just his tired talking points... or maybe not.

I just saw this and had to pass it along:

Red Sox owner John Henry just purchased the Boston Globe for $70M, which is less than Carl Crawford is owed over the next 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Will this mean that Gerry Callahan can no longer run his mouth about the Globe, as WEEI is the "Flagship Station" of the Red Sox??????

Maybe Callahan will be forced to says something of substance, instead of just his tired talking points... or maybe not.
KKKall-ahole will likely continue with his childish rants. After all, 98.5 is the Pats' flagship and that hasn't stopped Vulgar and Spazz from discrediting them at every opportunity.

From the posts/trash I've read on here so far, this thread belongs in the politcal discussion.

and the firing Shaughnessy thing too. Hell that'd be fun.

Me, to my secretary: "Gladys, please have Dan Shaughnessy come to my office."

Shaughnessy arrives 20 minutes later: "Uh ... You rang?"

Me: "Dan, I'll cut to the chase and keep this short. You're fired."

Shaughnessy, smirking: "Heh. You can't do that."

Me: "And why is this, Dan?"

Shaughnessy: "Because I AM Dan Shaughnessy."

Me: "That's exactly WHY you're outta here. You obnoxiously smug, overly self-assured, curly haired, irritating, controversy-baiting gangly assed puke! You have one hour to clean out your desk and leave -- quietly."

Shaughnessy: "But ... But ... "

Me: "Oh yes, your butt. Don't let the door hit it on the way out. Bye bye, Dan!"

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back