Welcome to PatsFans.com

John Edwards Denies Having An Affair

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Oct 12, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.wral.com/news/political/story/1919317/

SUMMERTON, S.C. — Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards says a tabloid story that he had an extramarital affair is untrue.

"The story is false. It's completely untrue, ridiculous," Edwards told reporters Thursday after he was asked about the National Enquirer report.

2. taltos

taltos Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then just drop this matter. After all, he is a Democrat and a man of honor. He would never cheat on his wife. Lets see how the main stream media treats this.

3. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I have to say I'm not a fan of Edwards politically, but I wouldn't believe this until there was absolute proof. Just like I think we should give politicians from both parties the benefit of the doubt in these matters (though neither side probably deserves it).

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

I'm with you Farmy. This is a problem I have with today's media. They simply make accusations, allege things, and throw some sh!t at the wall and hope that some of it sticks. It's irresponsible journalism. I'd like to say that it's reduced to tabloids like the National Enquiror, but it's not. The MSM does this sort of garbage all the time. They report have truths or heresay as news. Even the mere mention of something they've "heard" is irresponsible as it gives legitimacy to heresay and rumor. What a sad state that the media in this country has come to. If Edward's did indeed have an affair, prove it, and don't just say "Hey, trust us, we know for sure!"

All you need to do is look at my sig to understand how "sure" some reports can be.

5. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

And WHO takes the National Inquirer seriously? Well, I guess if Bush can be elected president, then perhaps some people do.

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

In other news, the Natioal Enquirer has stated that Bush has fallen off the wagon, "Bushes Booze Crisis".

7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

They did break that little story about Clinton and the intern.......

The National Inquirrer is only slightly above the New York Times in accuracy. Although they will get killed if this one is not true. After all the women does have cancer, I would have to cut her a little slack before I'd accuse her husband of cheating on her.

p.s. if he is cheating on his wife who has cancer, that really shows alot about his charecter!!!

8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

That would put him in the same boat as Newt Gingrich. Only thing is, with Newt it wasn't a rumor.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

I have found over the years that the National Enquirer will print a story, the people will laugh and scoff, then as if out of nowhere it will be front page in the Main Stream Media.

This could be true with Pretty Boy and his girlfriend
    This could be true with Bush falling off the wagon

If these two things are true Bush will headline the NY Times, CBS, NBC, ABC etc.

To hear about Pretty Boy you will have to go to Fox News (fair and balanced)
    :bricks:

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

His career, recently built estate, and his BS line about "two America's" shows me all I need to know about his charactor.

[​IMG]