PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Czarnecki: Shocking predictions of 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: john czarnecki:shocking predictions of 2008

I love how the Pats are the only team from last season who's last game is ever mentioned in regards to this season.

We all remember what a great note the Colts went out on.

I don't know what's so shocking about that prediction. I would have been surprised if he hadn't said it. :rolleyes:

I love how the Pats are the only team from last season who's last game is ever mentioned in regards to this season.

Right, but the Colts will be Hungry to avenge their loss and................ah what a bunch of crap. Tommy and the boyz will roll thru their easy schedule - Czarnecki should have checked the schedule before he wrote that piece.

Of course, he's looking for Hit counts and ad $$'s so by all means keep hitting that link (like I did! :mad:)

Last edited:

eeh, all style and no substance. this is just a flair piece designed to get the website hits.

eeh, all style and no substance. this is just a flair piece designed to get the website hits.

I went to the sight saw the headline and left. It's the same old song and dance.

In all fairness, the Colts didn't go 18-0 last year only to lose the last (and most important) game of the season, though.

"We all remember what a great note the Colts went out on."

That was priceless, Manning save for the second half in the AFCCG two years ago reverts back to form (ie, AFCCG in 2004, loss to Patriots in 2005 playoffs up here as he put up a whopping 3 points, loss in 2006 to the Steelers at home while being the #1 seed) and gags away another playofff game vs the M*A*S*H unit known as the Chargers.

Million dollar talent, .05 cent head; one whole Super Bowl win Manning, way to go. How he pulled out that AFCCG after that HORRIBLE pic to Samuel still amazes me.

Right, but the Colts will be Hungry to avenge their loss and................ah what a bunch of crap. Tommy and the boyz will roll thru their easy schedule - Czarnecki should have checked the schedule before he wrote that piece.

Of course, he's looking for Hit counts and ad $$'s so by all means keep hitting that link (like I did! :mad:)

I would rather give BSPN hits than FoxSports.

I'm so tired of all the so called experts of the NFL. I'm so, so tired of their very existence. Only in the NFL can one game make or break your reputation for literally years to come. There are professionals TO THIS DAY that still think that Jake Delhomme is a good quarterback because of what he did against the Patriots in the Superbowl. Never mind that every other shred of evidence points to the contrary, damnit, he had a great game in the Superbowl, so he's a stud! Never mind that the Pats' offensive line was the Rock of Gibraltar for 18 games last year, they stunk out the Superbowl against a tremendously talented defensive line, they're scrubs! There are a handful of enlightened minds out there that analyze film and study trends in statistics to uncover the actual likely outcomes of the future, and the rest are a bunch of baboons, flinging verbal feces at each other and engaging in rampant, idiotic groupthink. One guy makes a bold declaration following a single game, and the rest of the mouthbreathers follow along in lockstep, regardless of whether that assertion makes any sense or not. I've had it with them all. Someone drop a bomb on ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sportsline, CNNSI and every other worthless media giant in the sports world out there, PLEASE.

I'm so tired of all the so called experts of the NFL. I'm so, so tired of their very existence. Only in the NFL can one game make or break your reputation for literally years to come. There are professionals TO THIS DAY that still think that Jake Delhomme is a good quarterback because of what he did against the Patriots in the Superbowl. Never mind that every other shred of evidence points to the contrary, damnit, he had a great game in the Superbowl, so he's a stud! Never mind that the Pats' offensive line was the Rock of Gibraltar for 18 games last year, they stunk out the Superbowl against a tremendously talented defensive line, they're scrubs! There are a handful of enlightened minds out there that analyze film and study trends in statistics to uncover the actual likely outcomes of the future, and the rest are a bunch of baboons, flinging verbal feces at each other and engaging in rampant, idiotic groupthink. One guy makes a bold declaration following a single game, and the rest of the mouthbreathers follow along in lockstep, regardless of whether that assertion makes any sense or not. I've had it with them all. Someone drop a bomb on ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sportsline, CNNSI and every other worthless media giant in the sports world out there, PLEASE.

Amazing how one game saw the oline go from "the real MVP of the Patriots", to a unit barely fit to grace the NFL.

In all fairness, the Colts didn't go 18-0 last year only to lose the last (and most important) game of the season, though.

Going 13-3 and losing to a Billy Volek led, LT-less Chargers team at home is much more pathetic.

Certainly our ending was much more disappointing, but still ridiculously more impressive.

Going 13-3 and losing to a Billy Volek led, LT-less Chargers team at home is much more pathetic.

Certainly our ending was much more disappointing, but still ridiculously more impressive.

Sheesh Volek was in there in the 4th quarter.And I almost wish the moron Rivers stayed in and LT as well, Turner always kills us LT hardly ever it seems.

But, who cares the game is over. We lost. I was over it a long time ago.And we could not even pressure the Easter Bunny so I did not expect to even advance much further if we won the game.

Your loss was to the 5th seed in the NFC in the biggest game the Pats ever played.If it makes you feel better to think we were more pathetic than be my guest if it makes you sleep better at night.

Neither is pathetic to me, teams lose, any given Sunday.

Now you guys care too much here about others peoples predictions and rankings. Who gives a flying you know what?

Last edited:
What's shocking about these 10 predictions is that anyone would actually believe them! Favre won't make it through the year, Niners win the West, Lions ahead of the Pack and Bears, Pats lucky to win 10. Jeez, what a load of crap!

Let's see if we can do better. Remember, they have to be "shocking" yet believable, so here goes:

1. LT won't finish in the Top 3 in rushing.

2. Giants won't make the playoffs.

3. Bills will make the playoffs.

4. The NFC North winner will be 8-8 (so who cares if the Lions beat the Pack & Bears).

5. Brees will throw more TD passes than Peyton or Brady.

OK, that last one was a stretch, but I'm going for "shocking".

Anyone else want to give this a shot? We'll probably get a few laughs if we go back and look at this thread in December.

Sheesh Volek was in there in the 4th quarter.And I almost wish the moron Rivers stayed in and LT as well, Turner always kills us LT hardly ever it seems.

But, who cares the game is over. We lost. I was over it a long time ago.And we could not even pressure the Easter Bunny so I did not expect to even advance much further if we won the game.

Your loss was to the 5th seed in the NFC in the biggest game the Pats ever played.If it makes you feel better to think we were more pathetic than be my guest if it makes you sleep better at night.

Now you guys care too much here about others peoples predictions and rankings. Who gives a flying you know what?

The only reason I care is because every time they spew their stupidity, I have to hear it repeated ad nauseum by all the morons that listen to them. I'm tired of idiots being given a platform to reach millions, personally.

The only reason I care is because every time they spew their stupidity, I have to hear it repeated ad nauseum by all the morons that listen to them. I'm tired of idiots being given a platform to reach millions, personally.

I understand.

You just have to avoid it. I myself try not to watch ESPN much and I try not to care too much about predictions etc. Just let the season play out and sit back and have fun watching it. Football is supposed to be fun for fans and the media does it's best at times I feel to take away the enjoyment before the games even start.

They have been very hard on the Pats and as a Colts fan I even notice it. If you are not the Cowboys, Jets, Vikings, or Jaguars or one of those sexy picks they do not want you to do well.

They just throw a lot of crap at the wall hoping something sticks and they can say later "we told you so, we called it."

Last edited:

They just throw a lot of crap at the wall hoping something sticks and they can say later "we told you so, we called it."

That's the absolute worst part. If they do manage to actually hit on one of their shots in the dark, they'll crow about it endlessly, and ignore the roughly 1,284,839 times they were horribly mistaken. And they use it to actually build credibility with the average football fan. And most of the time when they're right, it's usually not even for the reasons they predicted. If the Colts don't win the AFC South this year and the Jaguars do because, say, Manning goes down, all the dumbasses in Bristol that predicted it will say how great they are for picking this as the year that the Jaguars finally won the south, and ignore the fact they would have lost if not for a very fortuitous, unforeseeable break in their favor.

Who said it made me feel better?

I'm just saying it's foolish of these writers to always use our final game as a sign of things to come for this season while they act like the Colts went out admirably last season.

Who said it made me feel better?

I'm just saying it's foolish of these writers to always use our final game as a sign of things to come for this season while they act like the Colts went out admirably last season.

Hey now leave us out of it.:DBut, I understand.

You know the Chargers people act like ended the season well even though they lost to the same team two years in a row.So I guess LT sulking on the bench hiding his face the whole game is great for the team when he is supposed to be a leader.
*sigh*

And Merriman is such a tough guy for playing through pain.Same with Rivers.Those guys are supposed to be inspiration!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye