PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Czarnecki: Patriots will be just fine, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Patriots will be just fine, thanks - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Since the trade of Richard Seymour and the loss of injured talented middle linebacker Jerod Mayo, this was the first game in which Bill Belichick's defense lined up in some rather unique configurations and brought every blitz imaginable at Flacco. Some worked and some didn't, but the main thing was that the Patriots were flying around and producing, often dictating the style of the game.
Maybe one of our resident experts on the forum can shed some light on these formations he is talking about.

Reiss they only used 3 formations all game. 4-3, dime with 4 DL/1 LB, dime with 3 DL/2 LB. Pretty standard to me.

Reiss they only used 3 formations all game. 4-3, dime with 4 DL/1 LB, dime with 3 DL/2 LB. Pretty standard to me.

Personnel package != formation.

I'm not saying Czarnecki's right or wrong, just that the two terms aren't quite interchangeable.

But the main thing is that the Pats D was "flying around and producing, often dictating the style of the game".

I thought I saw them open in 3-4?? They had the 3-4 personnel on that first drive when Mason was eating them up, then they switched to 4-3 with split safety coverage and shut him down for the rest of the game.

Czarnecki just isn't used to seeing Pats d-backs and linebackers making plays.

I agree, it's a shocking development.

Everyone knows the Pats have only three linemen on defense. Where all these other guys are coming from is a big mystery.

Czarnecki is obviously a moron. In one sentence, he is excusing Suggs for going at Brady's knees, suggesting that the refs should have picked up the flag and replayed the down. In the next, he is rebuking Sanchez for his illegal block on Vilma.

i am so tired of ppl defending suggs dive at brady's knees

IT WAS A F***ING PENALTY

no other way about it, the ref would have been messed up to not throw the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye