PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

john clayton's pick and comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
this is funny
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2565134

"Picking the Super Bowl: I hate doing this because I'm usually wrong. I stick by the theory that the best quarterbacks usually go to the Super Bowl, which is why I keep picking Peyton Manning and the Colts. I'm picking them again. Hey, I kept going for John Elway for years. Too bad it took him until late in his career to get Terrell Davis and win two rings. I'm picking the Colts despite the losses of Edgerrin James and linebacker David Thornton because they have fewer flaws than the other top AFC teams. "
acknowledges he is always wrong :)

Well, if he actually picked the best quarterback, he'd have been right a couple of times now.

Just because his head looks like a light bulb doesn't necessarily mean there's a light on inside.

any man who goes out in public, allowing himself to look the way he does,
does not deserve to be listened to by rational people.

total freak.

SamBam39 said:
any man who goes out in public, allowing himself to look the way he does,
does not deserve to be listened to by rational people.

total freak.

He has to be one of the strangest looking person I have ever seen. He makes Ron Borges look like Brad Pitt.

Last edited:
scout said:
Just because his head looks like a light bulb doesn't necessarily mean there's a light on inside.

Too funny and true. One weird looking dude.

dryheat44 said:
Well, if he actually picked the best quarterback, he'd have been right a couple of times now.
OH MY. DID YOU NAIL THAT ONE !! !! !! :rocker:

I don't think how he looks should determine his intelligence. As for his pick, I think it is pretty stupid becasue the Colts will not be better this year.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I don't think how he looks should determine his intelligence.

I can't speak for anyone else but my comments about his appearance had nothing to do with his appearance. He could pick the Pats to go 16-0 and I would still think he was bizarre looking.

zippo59 said:
I can't speak for anyone else but my comments about his appearance had nothing to do with his appearance. He could pick the Pats to go 16-0 and I would still think he was bizarre looking.
I thought my comment had a direct correlation to his intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes