PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton predicts Jason Taylor will sign with the Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I caught part of ESPN radio yesterday and Clayton predicted although the Patriots would offer Taylor more money that Taylor would resign with the Dolphins. His cohost and admitted Patriots hater (a big Jets fan), Freddie Coleman, said Miami was a better fit because "they play the 3-4 and will play him at OLB". Aparently the Pats play the 4-3 and intend to use him at CB.

Don't know if this is worthy of another Taylor thread, but I figure I would pass it along. Moderators: I won't be offended if this gets combined with another Taylor thread.

Thanks for the news. Every sportswriter is entitled to his opinion. I do think the Pats and Phins have about a 50% shot of signing Taylor. It will be close.

uummmmm..uh?????

Sarcasm for Coleman's stupid reasoning why he would be a better fit with the Dolphins. Aparently, Coleman feels he is a better fit with Miami because both teams will use him the same exact way.

I caught part of ESPN radio yesterday and Clayton predicted although the Patriots would offer Taylor more money that Taylor would resign with the Dolphins. His cohost and admitted Patriots hater (a big Jets fan), Freddie Coleman, said Miami was a better fit because "they play the 3-4 and will play him at OLB". Aparently the Pats play the 4-3 and intend to use him at CB.

Don't know if this is worthy of another Taylor thread, but I figure I would pass it along. Moderators: I won't be offended if this gets combined with another Taylor thread.

What?!!!:confused:

How does he work that out?!

No word down here about Taylor signing with the fish. They are trying out a linebacker they paid serious money to sign out of the CFL. The other problem is that JT and Joey Porter play the same position. When Taylor was there 2 years ago Porter was useless and complaining. This wouldn't happen with the Pats since Adalius is versatile enough to play the opposite OLB.
Isn't Coleman the idiot former WR for the Eagles with a big mouth and stupid bow tie who disappeared in the Superbowl.

Last edited:
jason taylor realy wants to be back with the fins all the talk of him comeing to the pats is for him to get more money from the fins noting more

No word down here about Taylor signing with the fish. They are trying out a linebacker they paid serious money to sign out of the CFL. The other problem is that JT and Joey Porter play the same position.

Cameron Wake was an absolute beast in the CFL, he was far and above the best defensive lineman in the league. Although I would have preferred to see him pick another team, I am really interested to see how he does in the NFL as an OLB.

A couple of things:

First....I really don't care what that pencil necked POS from BSPN thinks about NFL football. He is a proven know nothing jackarse over the years and deserves our disdain. Please don't anybody say "he was correct about blah, blah, blah".....I don't care....even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Second.....Jason Taylor has turned into our very own Patriot "Brett Favre"/"Moby ****"/"Don Quixote" personage all rolled into one. I would like to see him on the Pats, but if our season depends on signing a 35 year old anything to be successful, then BB isn't as smart as we all think and the Pats truly do sux as most Jets fans believe.

Thanks for the info, but I hope the next thread I see about Jason Taylor is one that states he signed......somewhere....

Big Bill basically ran him out of town... he gonna take him a year older ?

On another point : Taylor isn't the make-or-break player, but as far as many are concerned, he's as good on passing downs, rushing from the outside as Redd, Woods, etc.

Cameron Wake was an absolute beast in the CFL, he was far and above the best defensive lineman in the league. Although I would have preferred to see him pick another team, I am really interested to see how he does in the NFL as an OLB.

Man my best friend plays behind Wake in BC and Long snaps. He just raves about this guy and how all the coaches are astonished at his progression over his time in the CFL. I will go out on a limb here and say that I think he can start for them and that is the reason why JT is going to show up here.

The cryptkeeper has as much credibility on the NFL as my grandma and Chris Mortenson. Read between the lines.

Personally, I see absolutely no valid reason JT would swan song it with a team that threw him away after DPOY. Why not come win a SB with on of your best friends before you retire. Logistically, the fit is just there with the Pats - geography might not be as ideal, but not a giant comittment for a year for a ton of benefit. Between watching film, you can practice your catwalk with TB & Gisele.

jason taylor realy wants to be back with the fins all the talk of him comeing to the pats is for him to get more money from the fins noting more

Agreed. In an interview, they said he used to be constantly checking the Dolphins scores in the Redskins lockroom.

Big Bill basically ran him out of town... he gonna take him a year older ?

he's as good on passing downs, rushing from the outside as Redd, Woods, etc.

As good as?...I hope so.

I watched Wake a lot in college.

Good athlete, but he was just absolutely lost.

Taylor-made for Pats

Jason Taylor danced his way into Bill Parcells' doghouse in Miami last year and was traded to the Redskins, who cut him when he refused to participate in their offseason program even though they were willing to insert a $500,000 incentive in his $8 million contract to get him to stick around their facility. Taylor, who lives in south Florida, didn't want to be away from his family. There has been talk of a reunion with the Dolphins, but from the moment Taylor became available, the Patriots seemed the best and most logical match. This has a good chance of happening by mid-June. The Patriots flirted with the idea of trading for Julius Peppers, the Panthers' franchise player who wants out, but Taylor will be a much cheaper alternative and Bill Belichick would make him a productive role player. . . .

Jets better off to be done with Brett Favre soap opera

Let's take a look at some of John Clayton's predictions:

Super Bowl 36: Rams will win by four or five touchdowns.
3/01/06: Rodney Harrison a potential cut Clayton overlooked the fact that cutting him would have saved the Pats a mere $600k.
3/09/06: Patriots biggest losers in free agency Result: Pats go 12-4 and make it to the AFCCG.
3/22/06: Lavar Arrington a Patriot? Clayton claims the Pats are holding back in free agency to make a run at Arrington.
7/05/06: Saban and Dolphins will catch or pass Belichick this year Result: Saban leaves, Dolphins finish last.
8/06/06: Brady protesting Branch negotiations Another false rumor based on pretzel logic.
8/24/06: Branch deal will get done Result: Branch traded to Seattle two weeks later.
9/05/06: Dolphins with Culpepper will knock the Pats out as AFC East champs Result: Pats 12-4 (1st), Dolphins 6-10 (4th)
9/14/06: Patriots won't even make the playoffs this year see above
2/09/07: Could be Belichick's final year and will be difficult to win 12 games too.
9/13/07: Will be hard for the Pats to win 11 games Result: 16-0
10/26/07: Belichick has to be a little worried about the Skins Result: Pats 52, Redskins 7
10/29/07: Pats running up the score Then a few days later, Clayton flip flops, saying the Redskins had no chance due to injuries.
12/28/07: Pats in trouble without Nick Kaczur Result: 16-0
2/29/08: Moss not close to deal shortly before signing 3-year deal with Pats
3/01/08: Moss reverting to Raider Randy The '08 Moss played like he did with the Raiders?
4/27/08: New England biggest loser on draft day Result: Jerod Mayo, Defensive Rookie of the Year
5/29/08: Pats in worst shape of all teams for an uncapped 2010 As opposed to teams like the Bengals, Browns, Lions, etc.
9/13/08: Pats will average 18 points per game Result: Pats average an NFL 8th best 25.6 points per game
11/12/08: Mike Tannenbaum for Executive of the Year Result: Tannenbaum keeps his job by firing/blaming the HC.
11/21/08: Larry Johnson will be on Pats next year Result: LJ is still with the Chiefs; Pats sign Fred Taylor
2/12/09: Clayton says 55-45 that Cassel stays and then goes on to say the Pats will trade a 2nd round draft pick for Derek Anderson.
3/22/09: Even with Peppers, Pats not a Super Bowl team which explains the current Vegas odds even without Peppers
4/27/09: The SS/LB hybrid role is a "dinosaur"

And some other brilliant analysis:
7/12/06: Best roster money can buy includes Larry Izzo as a starting linebacker
1/16/07: Peyton is in Bill Belichick's head - Which would explain Manning's record of 2-5 against BB at that point in time.
1/17/07: Is John Clayton Intelligent? Brilliant! - More on Clayton here
2/05/07: Pats won't miss Rodney Harrison Problem: It was based on the Pats having Eugene Wilson, but he had been on IR for weeks.
10/29/07: Complete lie by Clayton Says the Pats were throwing for a TD on 4th down, when they ran the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye