PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton: Pats Talking with Raiders About Derrick Burgess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought i'd bump this thread with a little gem from Mike Lombardi.
The trade rumors about Oakland Raiders defensive end Derrick Burgess are real. So real, in fact, the Raiders asked the Patriots for their second-round pick this year, Sebastian Vollmer, and back-up quarterback Kevin O’Connell in exchange for Burgess. The Pats turned down that trade proposal, just as the Raiders have turned down a few of the Patriots’. New England remains interested in Burgess, but the prevailing thought in the NFL is that the Raiders will not trade him – they’re just making it seem that they’re making the effort. Burgess has made it clear to anyone who listens that he wants out.

Clearly the raiders don't want to trade him - I mean, why don't they just ask us to throw in Richard Seymour and Matt Light too?

The National Football Post | Sunday At The Post

Thought i'd bump this thread with a little gem from Mike Lombardi.

Clearly the raiders don't want to trade him - I mean, why don't they just ask us to throw in Richard Seymour and Matt Light too?

The National Football Post | Sunday At The Post
Davis is not serious at all...let him sit out and not wish to play..I do not think Mr Burgess will look at this kindly when he does not want to play there...and again..this type of nonsense does NOT help their team at all..WHICH IS GOOD!!

no no no Patrick Chung can do many things Burgess cant do!! :D

Patrick Chung got in touch with his inner child and it was Derrick Burgess.*

* this claim and other claims about Patrick Chung are not necessarily the considered views of their author or anybody else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey