PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton: "New England one of the biggest losers on first draft day"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree.... kind of. 2007=F! 2008 without a doubt after Mayo=F+, because of Crable. The rest were JAG's. What were they thinking here? Who knows. It's not BB and Pioli. They are at the mercy of the scouts that bring them back this crap and convince them these guys are real players. Other than Crable, they were either forth of fifth rounders of FA guys they wasted picks on. If they don't feel like drafting they should just trade out till 2009.
Wait, It gets better. They traded up for a WR from UCLA that no one has even heard of before. It turns out he is a second or third string safety. What relative who works on the Pats staff demanded he be picked. Can anyone out there give me ten names that will work out better that were drafted behind this stiff? Hint fellas. He would have been available as a FA.

I am totally embarrassed by this draft for this organization, and last year we were all hoping was a fluke. RK time for some draft board help.

Here is my prediction for two years from now. The QB from SDS makes the team because in another stroke of genius, we drafted Cassel who will be gone. Mayo and Crable will make it. That's it. The rest are gone. Any takers?

Fellas, time for new scouts!
DW Toys

Yeah, I'll take that bet. Can I say at least one of the others makes it, or do I have to name who? And what are we betting?

The CB's drafted make it. The kid from UCLA makes it. Ruud goes PS and gets on next year.

Last edited:
You folks are aware the Pats tried to trade down further from 10, but could not find any takers? This is the explanation for taking Mayo at that spot. It was a reach due to circumstances beyond their control.

Mankins was also considered a reach. They are prepared to "overpay" for targeted players...it's sound policy and beats the hell out of pissing around and missing their man or swinging for the fence on some flash in the pan.

Mankins is a perfect example of a no nonsence, boring pick who will be, barring injury, a solid contributor for many years. That is the production you want from your first round picks.

I realize I'm stating the obvious to those who "get it" and have been watching this current administration for any length of time.... but it annoys me the way these "experts" still haven't figured out the Patriots methods for success. They should take a little time out from their bashing and try and gain some insight on the model for success in the modern salary cap era.

As for Wheatley, he will be redshirted to heal that wrist completely. This should also be obvious.

You folks are aware the Pats tried to trade down further from 10, but could not find any takers? This is the explanation for taking Mayo at that spot. It was a reach due to circumstances beyond their control.

Mankins was also considered a reach. They are prepared to "overpay" for targeted players...it's sound policy and beats the hell out of pissing around and missing their man or swinging for the fence on some flash in the pan.

Mankins is a perfect example of a no nonsence, boring pick who will be, barring injury, a solid contributor for many years. That is the production you want from your first round picks.

I realize I'm stating the obvious to those who "get it" and have been watching this current administration for any length of time.... but it annoys me the way these "experts" still haven't figured out the Patriots methods for success. They should take a little time out from their bashing and try and gain some insight on the model for success in the modern salary cap era.

As for Wheatley, he will be redshirted to heal that wrist completely. This should also be obvious.

Where did you get this info that NE looked down further beyond N.O.?

I never saw that anywhere,Is this just speculation on your part?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3369696

This guy is an idiot,Mayo would have dropped to 20 or so but it could have been worse if we had picked an OL in the first round or even a Chris Long who is a 4-3 player. - I think we passed with a B- on day one,certainly not so bad.

Atlanta made a few bonehead decisions IMO and Baltimore had a worthless trade in the lower first round and should be held more as losers than NE at this point.

I don't care what that boney old buck toothed girl thinks and neither should anyone else on this board. I miss Sean Salisbury...:(

I don't care what that boney old buck toothed girl thinks and neither should anyone else on this board. I miss Sean Salisbury...:(

I hear Salisbury is now working in a photomat and is sneaking pictures of his baloney ponie in with the developed pictures of the customers.

To state the obvious...Clayton is a loser every day.

For a few years Clayton had a radio show from 3-7 pm on Saterdays. I used to listen to it while at work. Many times over the years I thought to myself "This man is an idiot" He DOESN'T know what hes talking about. For ex. in the late fall of 06 he spent 20 minutes on how Belichick was leaving the Pats to take the HC job with the Giants,Bradys shoulder was much worse then let on and he would need surgery. Belichick and R.Kraft were having a major fight over changing the surface at Gillett,not true. Claytons a poor excuse for a reporter,never mind the Senior reporter for ESPN. He is the senior FOOL for ESPN.

John Clayton is one of the biggest losers in the gene pool.

clayton is the same idiot who said at the beginning of last season that the colts would beat the pats in the afc chmpshp game and go on to win the superbowl.......... lol....... so much for his judgement skills.......... :bricks:

Re: John Clayton "New England one of the biggest losers on first draft day"

Now if Mel Kiper would kill our draft, then we can consider it a complete success!

Re: John Clayton \\\"New England one of the biggest losers on first draft day\\\\\\\"

Let it be known throughout the land that THIS is the exact quotation that revealed you as the most ignorant poster of the day. LOL! So now Wheatley may not even make it past minicamp? A 2nd rounder who they liked so much they didn't even CONSIDER any trade proposals? REALLY?!

Holy crap.

Agreed. Man, talk about showing the board that you are "green."

Re: John Clayton \\\"New England one of the biggest losers on first draft day\\\\\\\"

Clayton is one of the biggest losers every day.

Something that very few people think is true is hardly obvious. In this case, it's not only NOT obvious, it is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back