PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Porter Mouths Off Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently since he has a few sacks this year, Joey Porter feels it is his civic duty to let the world know about others around the NFL, and how Roger Goodell should be handling things.

On a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Porter said he had no idea how the Jaguars receiver could still be playing despite having a felony cocaine charge against him earlier this year.

Porter, who called Marshall “soft” and a pouter after Miami’s win in Denver last weekend, made his comments after being asked about the NFL’s crackdown on big hits that are deemed illegal and dangerous. Early in the season, commissioner Roger Goodell sent a warning letter to teams telling them, among other things, that first-time offenders would be subject to fines.

“If I knew the answers, I’d still have 20 more thousand dollars,” said Porter, who was fined $20,000 last month for criticizing referee Ed Hochuli after a loss to Houston. “But I’m still trying to figure out how a guy gets caught with cocaine in his car and still plays the game and nothing happens.

“He got caught with cocaine and Matt Jones is still playing football. How does he get away with that? And then you fine people $20,000 for making comments to the media about the refs. The guy got caught with cocaine.”

Link

Last edited:
True he is a big mouth and an all around as-hole but he is also one heck of a good linebacker and one of the best even at this time in his career.

BTW: 11 Sacks is more than a 'few' - Its league leading

I hate Joey Porter but he does make a good point.

I hate Joey Porter but he does make a good point.

No he doesn't. First off, while Jones has been charged, he's not been convicted. Porter was caught, on tape, assaulting the guy from the Bengals (Willie Anderson?). Both are felonies. Jones was suspended and filed an appeal on the suspension. As is HIS RIGHT per the Union system. If Porter doesn't like his union's system, tough. That is what they set up.

BTW, I mentioned this in this thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-someone-shut-joey-porter-up.html#post1149292

Last edited:
In addition, Porter's assault was a case of not just him, but four or five of his pals beating up the other guy. Real man, fighting another guy who just had knee surgery four-on-one. The NFL fined him but never suspended him even though it was all caught on video (there are cameras everywhere in Vegas.) In Porter's warped mind, the fine was uncalled for.

This is the same Joey Porter who called Kellen Winslow a *** not just on the field, but to the media in an interview, because Winslow had the audacity to hit Porter during the game - and then lamely apologized by explaining that it was due to the way *** was used freely in speech by the people he knew growing up. I expect that talk on the field, but to reporters? Porter is clueless.

Lastly, Matt Jones was given a three game suspension, but has appealed the decision. Is Porter so ignorant of the facts that he does not realize that Jones is waiting for the decision on the appeal - or is he trying to say that NFL players should not have the right to appeal suspensions and fines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots