PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Galloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Standing up to a player who holds out...

Man, don't go there. I said the same thing and got ran out of town on a rail. Too many sheep here.

Re: Standing up to a player who holds out...

What makes this link so interesting is that it is an example of a WR who held out to week 10.

Sometimes, there are times when you cannot let an agent/player bully you by threatning to hold out to week 10.

Last edited:
I look at Galloway as a cautionary tale for Branch. Prior to the 1999 holdout, he had 3 1000-yd years (much better than Branch). After the 1999 holdout, he was injured in 2000 and only played 1 game.

He had subpar years 2001-2004. It was only this year he broke 1000 again (as essentially the only receiver on the Bucs)

R

Last edited by a moderator:
njpatsfan said:
I look at Galloway as a cautionary tale for Branch. Prior to the 1999 holdout, he had 3 1000-yd years (much better than Branch). After the 1999 holdout, he was injured in 2000 and only played 1 game.

He had subpar years 2001-2004. It was only this year he broke 1000 again (as essentially the only receiver on the Bucs)

R
I also think Galloway was more durable than Branch...the road he is going down is NOT a good one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back