Welcome to PatsFans.com

Joe Wilson Outed CIA Wife

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWickedPissah, May 9, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,063 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

"The last I heard, this is case is about allegations Mr. Libby lied, perjured himself before the FBI, special prosecutor and grand jury and obstructed justice," he told CNN in a statement. "None of those charges of which he's been indicted has anything to do with me."

Of course they don't Sid, you are a lying POS. You and Ethel are a disgrace to your country, you have sold out your country for your candidate, the US should of sent a capable person to Niger, instead it is about who your ******* instead of who can do the job.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +599 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

And the question begs to be asked - if Libby is being prosecuted in a criminal court for lying to a grand jury, why wasn't Billy Bob Clinton ?

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Question: Did Scooter Libby obstruct justice? If the answer is yes, why would he do so (cover-up). If it is proven that Wilson actually outed his wife, there are still questions to be answered.

5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +599 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

Just like the mainstream media is for liberals. Once there's actually a few conservative news outlets and the liberals are horrified.

6. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

A. President Clinton was impeached for lying to the Grand Jury. The Republican Party spent $80 million trying to out him for a real estate transaction (in which he lost money) when he was a governor. In the end, he told the truth, that he had sex with an intern.

B. Scooter Libby is on trial for obstruction of justice in a trial concerning the outing of a CIA agent.

I don't get it. Go ahead and hate Clinton for lying, but please don't downplay this trial as this prosecutor has played by the rules and has not played politics. That there is no comparison to this trial and Clinton's. A fairer comparison to Clinton's activities would be when Bush committed fraud in insider trading before his presidency. Of course he was found innocent, wink, wink.

7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

Didn't I say that Wilson "outed" his wife about or a year ago? WHy yes, I did. Five witnessess, so if their was no crime, how can you have a cover-up?

Ask Martha I guess.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +599 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

LMFAO. You get funnier, or more pitiful, all the time. Everything the MSM says on behalf of liberals is true.

:bricks:

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Well, let's hope Fitzgerald is a good Republican lawyer like Ken Starr, in which case he still probably has about $60,000,000 left to spend, and can find a logical bridge to going from Plame to Bush's sex life. Let's not forget Condi's famous slip up where she referred to Bush as "her husband." (Hmm, adultery in the White House?)

http://www.slate.com/id/2099516/

At any rate, like the Clinton case, this case has taken on a life of its own, and hopefully it will stick around awhile.

10. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

So we should not have due process because there are supposedly five witnesses claiming otherwise. By all accounts, there is a cover-up, a prosecutor is looking into this. If this administration is clean, then there should be no problem.

11. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's incredible that an accusation is just an accusation when it is directed at a Repub, until proven; and yet when directed against their enemies, mud is Gospel. This is a pathetic attempt to spread blame, and it is not yet proven.

Saying that you will produce witnesses is not quite the same as having witnesses actually testify under oath in acourt of law and the judge / jury believe them.

12. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

That goes both ways, on this board especially. So it would not be accurate to just throw the Republicans into that statement.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Wilsons a Creep, he's in love with himself :rocker:

14. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,063 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

Uh, you and NEM DO know that the Libby trial is NOT about the alleged 'outing' of plame, don't you? As others have said, it is about obstruction of justice. Sad to say a rather common crime in Washington circles for decades.

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Come on now folks this discussion is over a NEWSMAX article, do you think it is a tad biased??? This whole thing needs to be validated from another source before it warrants this much discussion. Do you expect NEWSMAX to accept that Libby or his boss did anything wrong?? Even if he is ever brought to trial and found guilty, it will be someone elses fault. Karl Rove has taught his students well, when it comes time to blame the person who did it, distract, throw out some names, phony witnesses and always lie.

16. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

So, we should not prosecute obstruction of justice? Also, it maybe that the reason that the charge is obstruction of justice versus the more serious charge is it is very hard to get a conviction. Tell me your stance would be just as firm if the party affiliation was reversed.

17. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,063 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

Where did I say that? Yet another strawman attempt at arguement.

Please, learn to read without applying an ideological bias, reading gawd knows what into a post.

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +599 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

Just as anti Republican stories from CBS are.

19. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

My bad. It is very easy to read something into a post or a response. My take was that you were either defending the party being tried, or were downplaying the trial. Honestly, where do you stand?

20. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,063 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

OK

I say that if Libby obstructed justice which it looks like he did, he should pay the penalty. I am attempting to clarify that nobody has been charged with outing Plame as many of the leftists have been crowing over here for ages.

If an admin official DID violate the law by outing her, then that official should also pay the penalty.

My problem is that we're weak and too accepting of obstruction of justice and security violations. I had a Secret clearance and it was made clear to me in no uncertain terms that deliberate misconduct would result in jail. Should be the same penalty for the beautiful people.

Last edited: May 9, 2006