Welcome to PatsFans.com

Joe Vitt's Testimony Goes Public

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by pherein, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pherein

pherein In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

The tone of the of New Orleans Saints linebackers coach Joe Vitt's testimony from Dec. 3's portion of the bounty hearings conducted by former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue took a sharp turn once Mary Jo White, the head of the NFL's legal team, questioned Vitt.

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune recently acquired a copy of the transcript of Vitt's testimony in front of Tagliabue. Peter Ginsberg, lawyer for Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, first questioned Vitt in the proceedings and White followed for cross-examination.

This isn't a complete transcription, but it's an in-depth look at Vitt's cross-examination.

The tone of the of New Orleans Saints linebackers coach Joe Vitt's testimony from Dec. 3's portion of the bounty hearings conducted by former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue took a sharp turn once Mary Jo White, the head of the NFL's legal team, questioned Vitt.

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune recently acquired a copy of the transcript of Vitt's testimony in front of Tagliabue. Peter Ginsberg, lawyer for Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, first questioned Vitt in the proceedings and White followed for cross-examination.

This isn't a complete transcription, but it's an in-depth look at Vitt's cross-examination.
    View attachment 4994

Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony | NOLA.com

Joe Vitt questioned Mike Cerullo's credibility during Paul Tagliabue's bounty hearing | NOLA.com

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/01/joe_vitt-mary_jo_white_testimo.html

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/30/joe-vitt-testimony-gregg-williams-coaches-bounty/?sct=uk_t2_a7

Benson threw out NFL investigators

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/12792448?mailing_id=2149&linksrc=mb_right_col

So sorry to bring these things up. I think it means little to most, but important to us that teams we care about get accurate information.

2. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,514 / 20 / -26

what is Jeff Miller's relationship to Roger Goodell?

3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Got the first part right. Even Tagliabue agrees NO did what it was accused of. Just a no win situation attempting to hold any players accountable due to Vilma's determination to litigate.

4. Gumby

Gumby 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Not sure I can believe this part.
    I just dont think 20+ teams were paying for 'cart offs' and 'knockouts'.

And this is a bit of data out of context:
    That is a study/conclusion about aggregate injuries. The biggest problem with the pay-for-pain program was that it TARGETED SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS. Also includes ST and D players when the NO program was specifically run only on D side of the ball (only opposing O players would be targeted).

Considering you got Warner, Favre and Moore were all hurt (taken out or game affected) it seems like that is a high # of QBs in the one year. I would think if you analyzed those injuries by # of QBs and other star Offensive players; you might find a higher statistical # than 31. And that even if only 15 would be a pretty statistically significant indicator of something rotten.

At the end of the day; it does seem pretty conclusive/damning that the team did wrong. And it doesnt seem like Vitt learned much of anything from it. Sounds like without the threat of future punishment; he would have no problem with re-instituting the same thing. (I do think he is a good coach/good guy; but a slow learner in this area for sure)

And unlike the Pats camera-gate; it isn't like you are dealing with a 14-month old letter telling you to stop with the league not dealing with at least 3 other teams who violated the rule in the intervening timeframe. Williams can claim 20 other teams are doing it; but like I said - I dont think so; at least not like that (targeted and paying directly for pain instead of paying for 'good plays')

5. crew1954

crew1954 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

Lots of latitude within the parameters of that term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.