Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Joe" the "Plumber": "McCain Used Me;" Obama "Honest Politician"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Feb 15, 2010.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 15 / -8

Joe the Plumber: McCain Used Me -- Politics Daily

Basic bullet point version:

- On McCain: "I don't owe him sh--... McCain was trying to use me."

- Can't bring himself to support Palin because she's supporting McCain's Reelection

- Still considers himself a Conservative, but thinks birfers "set back the Conservative movement."

- Thinks Obama's ideas are un-American, but that he's "one of the more honest politicians."

A pretty mixed bag from a pretty mixed-up guy. But a very interesting little sideshow.

Now spin away, echo chamber!

PFnV

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If it took him this long to figure out he was being used...he's even dumber than I thought.

NOthing he says is relevant

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The bigger question, why is he even relevant.

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The messiah walked up to his driveway and he dared ask the question why do you want to redistribute my money? Obama never answered that and the MSM and moonbat pajama clad bloggers have crucified him ever since. Lesson, never embarrass the messiah.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well, for starters Joe didn't have the money, technical skills or license to purchase the company he claimed to be looking at and for another even if he did own it Obama's plan wouldn't raise his taxes. To this day I have to wonder if Joe's learned the difference between revenue and profit. You don't pay taxes on your revenue, you pay taxes on your profit.

6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Does this mean he's legitimate now?

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Hmmmmmmmm. No, why is he relevent.
    Plumber.........
    Campaign trail......
    Appearance with McCain...
    political ambition as rep.
    hired a publicity manager.......
    record deal with major label.......
    Author, Joe The Plumber, The American Dream......
    Motivational speaker...........
    Oh wait, your right, it must be because of Obama!

8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

He's never been relevant. He's just a poster boy used by both sides. He was not of the body*.

* [size=-3]Star Trek TOS The Return of the Archons
    Landru was first a man, and then a machine. In approximately 4,000 BC, war threatened to destroy the planet Beta III and its inhabitants. The leader at that time was a gifted engineer and philosopher, Landru. He believed the way to preserve his people was to take them back to a time of peace and tranquility. He sought to end war, crime, disease – all of the evils that plagued his world, and to produce "the unity of good" – a world without hate, without fear, without conflict. To that end, he built and programmed a sophisticated machine, which took on his identity.
    The machine Landru built was powerful enough to manage the affairs of an entire planetary population. It ruled Beta III for about 6,000 years, managing the affairs of each individual and striving to meet the ambitious goals its builder set it. Its subjects were oblivious to the fact that they were ruled by a computer. Since Landru was hidden behind a solid wall, it is likely that its builder intended this; even millenia later, some of the citizens of Beta III believed the Landru who ruled their world was the same one who saved it so many centuries ago, and none realized it was a machine. The passing years of peaceful rule had inculcated in the people a kind of reflexive worship of Landru. This could be seen even in members of the underground who sought freedom and actively opposed Landru's will.

The machine, Landru
    To meet Landru's goals, his machine was given the ability to control the attitude and conduct of individuals, through a process called absorption. Once absorbed, a living being's individuality and free will were largely subordinated to the instructions and ideas supplied telepathically by Landru. Within the parameters of Landru's guidelines, referred to as the Directives, the individual had some free will. Absorbed individuals were referred to collectively as the Body. Landru viewed the Body as analogous to the body of a living being; it referred collectively to the memory of the body, and to outsiders as "infection".
    To enforce its will, Landru maintained an army of lawgivers. These brown-robed individuals were under extremely deep control; they lacked all volition except what Landru supplied[/size]

9. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +151 / 20 / -17

Sounds like he is trying to refresh is 15 minutes of fame.

When you have nothing.... you have nothing to lose !

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,991 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

What HD said ... funny stuff from Joe Da' Plumb

11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

How long til he's on Survivor, Longest Race or some other trashy reality show?? His 15 minutes were up a long time ago, move along nothing to see here.......

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Who gives a sh!t....................

McCain can't be trusted, he's just like Lieberman, I wouldn't want either one of them watching my back.

The plumbers real big claim to fame was he made President Jug Ears look like an ass hole for that he deserved his 15 minutes on the front page, now he should quietly go back to "fixing leaks" he can always hold his head high wherever he goes, "good work Joe".

McCain is just another slimey politician.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

Too funny. This guy was called a clown by the very people who are now posting about his views. Either the guy is a clown, or he isn't a clown.

To what Micheal said, Obama walked into that question, and people didn't like that. Aside from that, Joe the Plumber was a goof. His question wasn't though.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

They don't want anybody asking Prince Messiah those questions, if someone like Joe does slip throgh the cracks and dares to question Our Dear Leader then he is DESTROYED.

If someone had asked GW Bush an embarassing question the Liberal Left Wing Media would have erected a statue of him in the NBC Lobby and a movie would have been made about his life.

15. macfeen

macfeen On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Someone has a man crush on Mr.Obama;)

I hope he takes all your money Michael, I hope you go broke and have to beg for food and a place to stay.

I like it when POS like you suffer, you deserve it...... Have a nice day!!!

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Who let the mental case in?

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,991 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

[​IMG]

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Just another roadside attraction that the desperate GOP hitches its wagon to and uses them till they are needed no more... oh look at how we connect with the common man!!! Say the old white dudes with white hair.. are we now relevant?? Keep trying, all you sorry excuses for politicians..

19. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 15 / -8

Yeah yeah, RW, I'm rubber, you're glue.

Read the last couple of lines of my post. I think he's a goof. Difference is, I always thought he was a goof. Half the people responding here about how irrelevant he is now were talking about how he's the voice of the real America in 2008.

Nice to see you guys have seen the light. By the way, the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Times are both running stories on hypocritical Republicans railing against the stimulus while they tout the part of the stimulus their states got.

Doesn't mean I am in love with either publication, but it's news. Source that story to Mother Jones, and it's one thing. Source it to the business press or the right-wing church newsletter that is the Washington Times, and it is quite another.

PFnV

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010