Welcome to PatsFans.com

Joe The Plumber Confuses Me

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, May 6, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +377 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Joe got himself elected to a seat (one of 400) on a local Republican committee in Lucas County, Ohio....so it's not a seat to much, granted, and not by much (38 -24) either, but still.....he's elected.

I have to admit, the man confuses me.

He ran on a platform of "don't let the liberal pansies take away your rights" Ok, cool. I can live with that.....unless he changes his mind. Which he is wont to do.

He's resisted calls to run for Congress and has criticized Democrats and Republicans alike. He's also taken shots at McCain, confessing in his book that he did not want him as the GOP presidential nominee.

But wait --- doesn't that mean he campaigned for McCain at the same time he didn't want McCain as the presidential nominee?

He wants us to put up a fence and start shooting illegal immigrants.

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds horribly unsporting like. One or the other, perhaps - otherwise it's just overkill. Maybe we could aerially hunt them - round 'em up, chase 'em down, wear 'em out and then shoot 'em and load their bodies on the runners of the chopper. We could pay bounty money for each ear collected. (Sorry - liberal bleeding heart sarcasm core-dump there.)

He says he has friends who are homosexuals - but that he won't let them anywhere near his children because they are "queer."

Are we expected to believe these queers remain his friends? I wonder if they call his house and one of his kids answers the phone - do they have to hang up without identifying themselves or would simply disguising their voice be sufficient?

How is it this man is an icon to some?

Joe the Plumber is elected to party office in Ohio - Yahoo! News
  2. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think icon is the right word. His celebrity rose not from anything he did but from Obama's response to his question, which the GOP seized on as proof of a very liberal Obama as the mainstream media failed to deliver on his core values and voting tendencies (the little that there were). Since then, this guy has been an embarrassment but its of the GOP's own doing -- propping him up as the voice of the people when he's clearly not.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +377 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Oh good. I was really afraid people were seeing something special where I was not.

Even though I often disagree with conservatives and/or Republicans I often understand what it is they like about whatever person I, personally, disagree with. There's either something highly intelligent about them or personally magnetizing or just some sort of raw appeal to a certain type of person which I am not one of - and I can respect that even if I do not like the person being lauded.

But this guy - I just don't find anything. Not personality, not intelligence, not wit or wisdom.

Truthfully, if I had to describe him in one word I'd have to say "loutish."
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Obama made him a star, just as MSNBC keeps Sarah in the spotlight.
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +388 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

I reflexively ignore stories about him.

Heh, I'm not sure why I opened this thread. :rolleyes:
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +626 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Check this out Mrs. PF ... thought you might enjoy a good laugh.:p:p:p This story is rich ... real rich.

Joe the Plumber ... proud and true union man ... Joe 'Union Man' Plumber.

The need to pay the bills brought the man to his knees I guess.

I wonder if his hiring was politically motivated ... did he jump the line?

Man I cannot stand this guy ... but I had to post it ... it's great gossip.

According to the article ... Joe owes thanks to Obama for the job ... :rofl:

Joe the Plumber gets a new job

7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Obama made him a star because neither Joe nor the President were smart enough to know the difference between gross and net in his plumbing business .....

'Joe the Plumber' Becomes Focus of Debate - YouTube

"revenue of $250,000" no it's the profit that is taxed............
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +377 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Yeah...I saw this the other day. Made me chuckle.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +200 / 7 / -24

Joe the Plumber, a con, who became a poster boy for something, only to be cast to the curb after he outlived his usefulness...

Do not understand why a "plumber" would take an entry level job in the UAW that pays about $15.00 per hour, and has no seniority.... unless he really is not a plumber...

[​IMG]
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

Glad you mentioned Joe there for a minute I thought you were talking about Rev Wright.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Look at Barack's cute little ears.......

:singing:
  12. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1

Politics are weird like that.

Obama ran on a platform of transparency, eliminating pork and getting the lobbyist out of Washington and politics. You still like Obama, and yet he did a 180 on all his major campaign points.

Maybe you have a problem with Joe because he disagrees with your political stance? Because if it is a principals thing then you really need to denounce Obama because he has reneged on just about everything he campaigned on including gay marriage.