Welcome to PatsFans.com

Joe Scarborough, if Billy increased troop levels against advice.. impeachment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 22, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

from MSNBC interesting comments from Joe, a big supporter, now turning on GWB.. it seems less and less are affiliating with him, pretty soon it is gonna just be GWB, Savage, Malkin, Limbaugh and a few other right wing nut jobs..
    comments about how if Clinton went against top commanders, impeachment proceedings would begin are tellling.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16313163/
    MICHAEL CROWLEY, “THE NEW REPUBLICâ€: Yes, I mean, Joe, there‘s something very unsettling about what we‘re starting to hear from Bush. For so long, his mantra was that he was taking his lead from the commanders on the ground, and that was this—you know, this ultimate card he could play of credibility...

SCARBOROUGH: And Michael, as long as he said that—exactly. As long as he said that, it didn‘t matter that only 12 percent of Americans support this president‘s effort to send more troops to Iraq. But when all of his generals abandon him, when the Joint Chiefs abandon him, the admirals abandon him, when John Abizaid abandons him, when Colin Powell abandons him, everybody abandons him, he‘s standing alone! He just doesn‘t seem to have any credibility. And this is extraordinarily disturbing to me, as a guy who supported this war and supported this president twice.

CROWLEY: No, there‘s something almost kind of alarming about it. I mean, he‘s been telling us the whole time, These guys know what‘s best, I take their lead. And they‘re saying, This is not—not uniformly, but many of them, many of the senior guys, the smartest guys, Abizaid, people with a lot of credibility, are saying this is not the way to go, and it looks likes he‘s not going to listen to them. And there‘s something quite alarming about that.

You know, things are—you thought things couldn‘t get worse, and now you have a situation where, gosh, he‘s overruling the people who really do seem to know best. And we‘re sort of in uncharted territory here, if you ask me.

SCARBOROUGH: Well, this is uncharted territory. And Josh Green, I want you, if you will, to imagine, how would Republicans have responded if President Bill Clinton had ignored the advice of all of his Joint Chiefs, his top general in the war zone, his former secretary of state, and 80 percent of Americans? Is it not a stretch to say that many Republicans would have considered impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton if this situation were identical?
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

let's repeat that last question for affect:

SCARBOROUGH: Well, this is uncharted territory. And Josh Green, I want you, if you will, to imagine, how would Republicans have responded if President Bill Clinton had ignored the advice of all of his Joint Chiefs, his top general in the war zone, his former secretary of state, and 80 percent of Americans? Is it not a stretch to say that many Republicans would have considered impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton if this situation were identical?

Without a shred of doubt, they would... Hypocrites, the whole lot of them... As I asked before, has there ever been a president more isolated?

I think Bush is drinking heavily again... He needs an intervention...
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Scarborough had basically backed Bush all the way, you'd be first in line to say "Well of course, its Joe Scarborough, he has no credibility"

But since he's saying what you WANT to hear, all of a sudden he's credible?
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

when did i say he wasn't credible?

you're speaking in hypotheticals and assumptions... you don't know me, and you don't know what i'd say ... Scarborough is the rare Republican pundit who can admit when he's wrong, and that goes a long way in my book... So please don't pontificate for us all what we must somehow think, or what we'd say strictly based on party lines.... ridiculous...