PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Paterno Gravely Ill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't have any coaches'-fraternity kind of bond with Paterno, I'll frame the matter differently:

There was much to admire or emulate or follow in what Paterno said or did. Those don't go away because of deep flaws in the overall man, or in his other actions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bad stuff, however, is a huge warning flag not to accept the apparently-good stuff without examination.

We do not know what actually transpired and may never know. Some of us will forever denounce him regardless of any vindication. That is apparent on a thread which people post offering prayers to him and his family.
My prayers go out to Joe and his family.

He was an all time great coach - A great leader. A great man Its so very sad to see it all taken away because of one HORRIBLE decision.

It's sad to see a man who ALLOWED CHILDREN TO BE RAPED be rightfully defined by that very decision?

There was much to admire or emulate or follow in what Paterno said or did. Those don't go away because of deep flaws in the overall man, or in his other actions.

So you feel the same about Sandusky?

Besides the whole "raping kids" thing, Sandusky was a great guy! A fantastic and talented football coach and a father figure to a lot of his players. For every kid who was raped by Sandusky, there were 100 other people who would tell you the man was sent from God.

Besides the whole "allowing kids to be raped" thing, the same was said about Joe Pa.

Just disgusting. If it was your children being raped I (hope) you may all have a different perspective on the child rapist enabler. A man who cared more about his maintaining his own legacy than the safety of children.

He was an all time great coach - A great leader. A great man Its so very sad to see it all taken away because of one HORRIBLE decision.

No excuse for what transpired, despite his legacy. Everyone would feel a little different about the situation if it was their kid that was abused. You can't ignore what happened to those poor kids, regardless of his current condition. Sorry, he could rot in hell for all I care.

Last edited:
No excuse for what transpired, despite his legacy. Everyone would feel a little different about the situation if it was their kid that was abused. You can't ignore what happened to those poor kids, regardless of his current condition. Sorry, he could rot in hell for all I care.

I almost wish I didn't agree with you.

Are you 13?

No, but don't worry if I was JoePa would do the bare minimum after Sandusky raped me.

Hope Joe Pa pulls through, its been a miserable couple of months for all of Penn State.

Because of Joe Paterno's inaction. Because of McQueary's inaction. Because of Sandusky's action.

I honestly am not sitting here cackling with glee, it's no my job to dole out punishment in this world. But people getting wet-eyed over this are blowing my mind.

If you don't see karma in all of this, you're blind. Joe Paterno put the good of the program ahead of protecting children. He deserved to have that legacy destroyed. You have screwed up priorities if you think otherwise.

A horrible decision he made every day for 10 years.

If you haven't yet, go and read the report. The details about the incident in the locker room will turn your stomach if you are a normal, well-adjusted individual.

If you worked with a guy who raped a child so hard people HEARD it would you do the bare minimum, eg report it to your boss? I have too much in mankind - I don't believe you would. I believe you'd do everything in your power to see the man put away.

Not Joe Paterno, though. He chose his precious college football program over the well-being of children.

Every day after the locker room incident that Paterno knew that Sandusky was going to continue his work with children with his camps was a day that Paterno made a disgusting choice to say nothing.

The outpouring of support for this guy is mind-numbing. But we're not exactly a nation that has a good grip on what is important in life. So yeah, whatever 'WE ARE!', right?

This man was a man that knew about Child Rape being performed in the Collegiate School that he claimed was his whole life and passion.

This man got word that one of his coaches had been the culprit of these acts yet left it hush hush because of one reason and one reason only........he did it for the Football program which he did not want to see tarnished or made worldwide known to the public and did nothing about this rape to make sure that his team was not going to be distracted from the goal of trying to obtain an NCAA Championship.

This man chose to worry more about the future of Penn State Football than worry about a child being brutally manipulated and sexually abused.

If for some reason Joe did go to someone about this,then why did he not follow up on it weeks later to make sure it being investigated instead of thrown under the rug and hoped it was to be forgotten forever?

.....I'll tell you why,in PA its PSU football over everything including a child's well being,that is what society is in central PA where outside of football in State College and Central PA,there is not much more than scenic views of mountains and watching the grass grow.

I live in PA all my life,and even though I don't like nor follow Penn State,I can say that this state considers Joe Paterno the 2nd most powerful man in Pennsylvania outside of the Governor and that is why there is so much that Joe had gotten away with in this,that the average Head Coach never would have.

Joe... IMO played as an informed accomplice to child rape and a sinister act and if it's time to meet the Almighty as his life on earth is dwindling,I really feel sorry for his soul..........as Ricky Riccardo of I Love Lucy Show once said "Lucy,you got some expainin to do" when he reaches the Front of the line to those pearly gates.

Last edited:
Sigh.... Do we really need this today? Regardless how everyone stands on this, I can see this subject turning ugly. I don't think it has a place here. We have a big day today, something everyone has looked forward too. This can be hashed out another time. :bricks: Go Pats.

The world will soon have one less person to cover for brutal child rapists. A sad day. :(

A man's dying of a terrible and painful disease. This is essentially a death thread. If you wish to gloat over the man's demise, go pull up one of the other Paterno threads.

A man's dying of a terrible and painful disease. This is essentially a death thread. If you wish to gloat over the man's demise, go pull up one of the other Paterno threads.

For those that believe in God,there is quite the coincidence that god has exposed to everyone the evil that lied within the football program years ago and the obvious time to remove a human off the face of this earth with the killer disease within a few months.

I truly believe that God did not want Paterno to die before letting everyone know he was not the old man saint that almost everyone thought he was....you can consider this a coincidence...I don't.

Not feeling the forgiveness for Joe yet.
He needs to comes clean.
Make a statement, include all of it.

For those that believe in God,there is quite the coincidence that god has exposed to everyone the evil that lied within the football program years ago and the obvious time to remove a human off the face of this earth with the killer disease within a few months.

I truly believe that God did not want Paterno to die before letting everyone know he was not the old man saint that almost everyone thought he was....you can consider this a coincidence...I don't.

Well, ok, but I rather wish God had acted a bit more practically....like removing Sandusky from the earth before children could actually be hurt.

Our religious beliefs are irrelevant. This is a death thread. Take the nonsense elsewhere. You people have had plenty of time, and other threads, to post the sort of vile crap you're posting here.

Well, ok, but I rather wish God had acted a bit more practically....like removing Sandusky from the earth before children could actually be hurt.

I agree with this......but just like in real football,god handed the ball off to the devil when it comes to Jerry.

Paterno is dead. EEI just announced it.

98.5, the AP and ESPN are reporting that Paterno has died.

Condolences to his family.

Thoughts go out to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back