PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Namath "Patriots are a stronger team,Jets should have passed on Hard Knocks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Joe! Actually a fairly lucid analysis.

Although the comparison of Sanchez to Brady is a bit too generous:

(Sanchez is) running a game at a faster pace, certainly in his head, than Tom Brady is running in his head as far as feeling the speed. Brady is thinking of more things than Mark Sanchez at a comfortable mode, a mode that he has practiced, rehearsed, and done again and again over the years of experience.

All true. But didn't Brady win a Super Bowl his second year in the league? His first as a starter/actual player? I think there's more than experience separating the two.

What was embarrassing was the popped collar that Joe was rocking

sg3 over at JI is going berserk over this, predictably. The guy's hatred of the Pats is so far beyond obsessive...

"Granted he played last season, but a second year quarterback is certainly not as wily as he is going to be in his fourth or fifth year having experienced a whole lot of things that he hasn't as of yet," Namath said. "The game will slow down to him. He's running a game at a faster pace, certainly in his head, than Tom Brady is running in his head as far as feeling the speed. Brady is thinking of more things than Mark Sanchez at a comfortable mode, a mode that he has practiced, rehearsed, and done again and again over the years of experience. Mark Sanchez, the only flaw he has is his age and his experience at this point."

See younginns out here on Patsfans... Joe broke it down right here. This is the sort of insight you should be listening to if you want to know football.

Great take by the old Drunk. Bravo.

Go Joe! Actually a fairly lucid analysis.

Although the comparison of Sanchez to Brady is a bit too generous:

All true. But didn't Brady win a Super Bowl his second year in the league? His first as a starter/actual player? I think there's more than experience separating the two.

I don't think so. That's as rough as you're gonna get from Mr. Jet. I'm sure he knows how far apart he and Brady are in every other measurable imaginable.

LMAO at this other GEM in the comments by one of our very own!

# JoeSixPack says: September 17, 2010 6:04 PM

I'm not a professional coach, but if I were the coach of the Jets and I had a team lead by a 23 year old QB with confidence issues playing in one of the largest and most rabid and unforgiving media markets in the country, the LAST thing I do is announce that the team is going to the Super Bowl.

But that's just me.

:rocker:

Pride of the Jets!!!

JoeNamathSuzyKolber.jpg

I want to kiss you

At least he doesn't kiss his old team's ass if it's not warranted.

After Sunday will he say the Jet's are strugg-a-ling?

Todd Haley pushing right buttons for Chiefs; 10 things to watch - Peter King - SI.com

I actually don't mind Peter King, but wow, he's been out of it apparently.

The kinder, gentler Jets. Haven't heard a peep out of the Hard-Knockers all week, after they spit the bit in an awful show against Baltimore. Now the Patriots are coming to town, and all we hear is respectful clichés. Where's Joe Namath when you need him?

Blew that one bad.

After Sunday will he say the Jet's are strugg-a-ling?

Someone had to say it. ;)

At least he doesn't kiss his old team's ass if it's not warranted.

Namath did plenty of that last season.

He said both Sanchez and Manning were great QBs. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back