PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Montana to Steve Young II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverinejoe80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Joe Montana to Steve Young II?
is that it? are we like the most blessed organization ever? as in greatest QB to another great QB?

Last edited:
i do wish brady plays till his arms fall off and then patient jimmy g takes it over in 2020. this injury maybe the blessing in disguise.

Stop. I pray that I get to see NE field another HoF QB before I pass away. The Montana-Young does not happen often. HoF.

Stop. I pray that I get to see NE field another HoF QB before I pass away. The Montana-Young does not happen often. HoF.

well favre to rodgers happened too. i wanna see brady win 1 more and retire gracefully in 2020 and jimmy g gives us another great 15 year run. that would be a dream scenario.

HoF. Rarely happens.

I always thought superman would kick Mighty Mouse's ass!

Well we have Brady through 2019. If he walks away then Jimmy would be 28-29. Still in his prime. I doubt Brady plays that long. Jimmy would be a good long term investment, even just from the standpoint of being an excellent backup. He's a must resign imo.

Well we have Brady through 2019. If he walks away then Jimmy would be 28-29. Still in his prime. I doubt Brady plays that long. Jimmy would be a good long term investment, even just from the standpoint of being an excellent backup. He's a must resign imo.

If the Pats franchise or pay market value for Jimmy in 2018, they'll be utterly crippling their cap. It's simply not an option. The options are to move forward with Brady or move forward with Jimmy. This decision cannot be postponed past 2017.

well favre to rodgers happened too. i wanna see brady win 1 more and retire gracefully in 2020 and jimmy g gives us another great 15 year run. that would be a dream scenario.

Montana was replaced by Young because he became increasingly brittle, then missed all but one game of a season where they went 14-2 and lost to the dynastic Cowboys in the NFCCG. Favre was replaced by Rodgers because the Packers front office got tired of the annual retirement saga. Neither applies here.

If the Pats franchise or pay market value for Jimmy in 2018, they'll be utterly crippling their cap. It's simply not an option. The options are to move forward with Brady or move forward with Jimmy. This decision cannot be postponed past 2017.
Or Jimmy resigns for a team friendly deal knowing he will be the starter...

Brady isn't playing through 2019 imo anyways.

Dont know if Jimmy will be as good as Young but its clear he will be a good NFL QB, at worst. People who think BB would keep a 40 year old Brady over a 25 year old Garappolo dont know BB.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FLeonardo-Dicaprio.gif

why do you guys think it makes sense/possible to keep both of them past next year (JG's rookie contract)?

why would he do that. he would be dumb to.

team friendly deal is what? 5m/year? what do you think he can get in open market?

Why? Why would Jimmy sign here to sit for an as-of-yet unknown number of years? And why would he sign a team-friendly deal?

He probably cares about money and he probably cares about starting ASAP. He gets neither of those from New England.

why do you guys think it makes sense/possible to keep both of them past next year (JG's rookie contract)?
Team would be stupid to not invest in Jimmy beyond 2017. You just don't get rid of a potential franchise QB when your current one only has 2-3 great years left. Absorb the cap hit in 2018, Jimmy becomes starter in 2019.

26 yr old Jimmy > 41 year old Brady.

Yeah, I can see that Garoppolo will sign for like $2-3 million a year with the Pats to start for them in 2019 rather than take a deal that will guarantee him something like $30 million and $17 million a year in free agency in 2018. That will happen. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back