PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Jurevicius or Randle-El

Status
Not open for further replies.
drew4008 said:
Anybody interested in any of these names?

Antonio Bryant
Jabar Gaffney
Koren Robinson
Peerless Price
Rod Gardner
Quincy Morgan
Peter Warrick

I think Jabar Gaffney would be a nice signing. And he would be less money then Givens, Jurevicous or Randle El. I don't like Randle El all that much. He reminds me of a better Bethal Johnson. Million dollar talent but a 10 cent head who does not live up to his potential. I would really like Jurevicous. But he does have a bit of an injury history and at 31 and with a Sb ring already he may want to try to sign one last big contract (big for him at least) before he hangs them up. Which may put him out of the Pats price range.

Like I said though, Gaffney could be a nice, cheap alternative to Givens. They both have similar size: Givens - 6'0" 215 lbs. Gaffney - 6'1" 205lbs. Both 25 years old and have both been in the league for 4 years. Here are their career stats:

Gaffney:
games: 64
receptions: 171
yards - 2009
ave - 11.7
TD's - 7

Givens:
games: 53
receptions: 158
ave - 14
yards - 2214
TD's - 12

Keeping in mind the teams the have been playing for and the QB's getting them the ball. Pats vs. Texans. Brady vs. Carr. I am pretty certain that Gaffney would improve on those numbers if he was on the Pats. The one thing I am not sure of is he a BB guy? Or is he a mental case/trouble maker/ego-maniac, etc?

I like Bryant. I'm thinking he'll get a pretty good payday but he's a guy I'd go after if he slips through the salary cracks a little.

I'd be fine with ARE or JJ. And I'm not sure where all the ARE hate is coming from. Because he made an ill-advised lateral? Big deal. Players in the NFL make dumb plays like that occasssional. Who cares. Its not like he has made a career out of it.

One guy I like that could come real cheap that was mentioned in passing is Peter Warrick. I think he would excel as the slot WR for NE. Would make a great replacement for Dwight. In fact I wouldn't mind at all if Givens left and we replaced him with JJ & Warrick, assuming it would cost about the same.

Only concern with JJ & PW is injury history. Both are far from a Iron Men.

fisticuffs said:
How about neither. Jurivicious is a Donald Hayes clone, Randel El is fast and that's about it! Re-sign Givens or sign Moulds, End of Story!

I'm sorry, but how is a guy who had almost 700 yards and 10 TD's this season a Hayes clone? What are you seeing that I am not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back