PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe 'I want Suzy Kolber' Namath likes Giants in a similar upset like his Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Giants do win, it would put the '07 Pats on top of the all-time Choke list. One has to like the Pats in this game, but Eli is playing much better than Brady over the last month or so.

Thats true but don't forget Brady's record in the biggest game of the year and Peyton did not have the greatest post season either last year but also took home the trophy.

If the Giants do win, it would put the '07 Pats on top of the all-time Choke list. One has to like the Pats in this game, but Eli is playing much better than Brady over the last month or so.

Oh yea. You're including a couple weeks back when Brady set the NFL all-time completion percentage in a game, right? Did I miss the news that Eli beat that? since he is playing better than Brady?

That is certainly true, but Eli has a better defense this year than peyton had last year. The Colts defense played great in the 2006 playoff run, but they aren't what the Giant's defense is, especially the pass rush. Brady will get hit all day.

My biggest worry of the offensive line will be the matchup of Nick Kaczur up against Strahan which is a huge mismatch in favor of the Giants,However help from the backs and especially a Healthy Kyle Brady will help keep Tom Brady upright.

Kyle did not play in the last game and Tom Brady was pressured repeatedly,I don't expect that rush to be a fierce this time around with better protection expected during obvious passing downs.

That is certainly true, but Eli has a better defense this year than peyton had last year. The Colts defense played great in the 2006 playoff run, but they aren't what the Giant's defense is, especially the pass rush. Brady will get hit all day.

like last game when Brady had the ball 9 times and scored on 7 of them?...6 being on drives of 50+ yards. Pats will score early and often on the overrated Giants defense...well, maybe not overrated, it's just that the Pats offense is that good.

Last Matchup:

Brady 32/42, 356 Yards, 2 TDs 0 Ints, 1 Sack.

Wow, he really had trouble with that pressure with half his O line missing.

I don't understand why many of our posters think this is a total mismatch. The Giants do have a chance, especially if we turn the ball over and Brady struggles.

Pats were lucky to win the first game against the Giants.

Want to explain where luck came into play? I didn't see it. I saw an offense that could not be stopped in the second half, and a defense that picked off Eli (who, by your account, is playing better than Brady) in the fourth quarter to help seal the deal. I don't recall any lucky bounces, calls, or anything of that sort. I thought the Giants played maybe their best game all year but still could not win the game. No luck there.

I don't understand why many of our posters think this is a total mismatch. The Giants do have a chance, especially if we turn the ball over and Brady struggles.

No kidding, of course that would make it a close game but that is something that really hasn't happen much this year, has it.
Brady will not have as bad of a game as the AFC Championship that is for sure, couple that with how well Belichick does the second time he see the same QB in a season I feel pretty good about this one.

New Troll On The Board Alert...

You are right. The Giants have the better rushing game and defense. The pats have always been able to score enough and the Giants will have a hard time containing them, but the Pats were lucky to win the first game against the Giants. If Eli can keep playing as well as he has the last month or so, this game will go down to the bitter end..............and this time there isn't a Vinatieri to save the day.

Giants have better rushing game?
Giants have better defense?
Patriots lucky to beat the Giants in week 17?
Gastkowski can't kick field goals?

Either you are from a different time warp or you are a Giant's fan in Pat's clothing. I'm guessing we don't see you here again after the Patriots win the SB.

BREAKING NEWS!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!!

A Jets fan is rooting against their divisional rival the undefeated New England Patriots.

Giants have better rushing game?
Giants have better defense?
Patriots lucky to beat the Giants in week 17?
Gastkowski can't kick field goals?

Either you are from a different time warp or you are a Giant's fan in Pat's clothing. I'm guessing we don't see you here again after the Patriots win the SB.

You described that poster to the T.

You are right. The Giants have the better rushing game and defense. The pats have always been able to score enough and the Giants will have a hard time containing them, but the Pats were lucky to win the first game against the Giants. If Eli can keep playing as well as he has the last month or so, this game will go down to the bitter end..............and this time there isn't a Vinatieri to save the day.

THis is what I don't get.

"The Pats were lucky to win the first game against the Giants"????????????

Please explain that one to me. Because from what I see, the Giants where actually lucky to only lose by three.

Talk about revisionist history to the extreme.

And lets be honest, the three points they lost by are very misleading.

The fact of the matter is it was 10 points with barely over a minute left in the game. And the only reason it was 10 and not 17 was do to a special teams TD.

And the Pats were without some Key contributers, for instance, the entire right side of the offensive line, and there blocking tight end.

So please, explain that one to me.

As far as Namath picking the Giants, it only worries me cause he picked the Pats over the Rams.

The only reason Namath picks the underdog is because it gets his "guarantee" more press, and gets him more time in the papers. Would anyone give a crap about him if he picked the Pats?

Normally, Brady doesn't, but his multiple interceptions last week against the Chargers made him look average at best, while the inconsistant Eli Manning has been the best QB in the playoffs so far (who would have guessed it). One doesn't expect Brady to have too many bad games, but the Chargers DBs were toying with Brady, and lucky for Tom the Chargers didn't have LT or Gates, and Rivers was on one leg. If the Charger offense was healthy last week, the final results might have been different.
So what is your point the Patriots won with a so so, for him Brady but the Giants were lucky to win the last two weeks with a near perfect Eli. Doesn't hold well for the Giants really does it.

The reason the Jets beat the Colts is because the Colts were so predictable. The Patriots are the opposite of predictable. Why are people saying Eli has been the best qb in the playoffs. Did I miss something. He's not playing stupid, does that make him the best qb? Not to mention he hasn't played against as tough of defenses as Brady has.

Lets see.... The first game the Giants were playing at home against a Pats team that was missing quite a few people that they aren't now. The Giants got a special teams TD and the Pats were trying to run basic plays to avoid tipping their hand before the playoffs. And they still lost???
Now this time around its for all the marbles and NE has been here before. Has anyone mentioned BB's record against teams in their 2nd meeting in the same season???
Saying this will be close is media hype. It's gonna be a blowout, perhaps the biggest in SB history. I'd say the chances of that are actually better than the Giants winning.

The Pats are very predictable - they throw on almost every play. The Chargers didn't seemed fooled at all, San Diego just didn't have any offense.

I like our kicker better than your's
I really like our quarterback better than your's

I like Ginger better than Lovie too

The Pats are very predictable - they throw on almost every play. The Chargers didn't seemed fooled at all, San Diego just didn't have any offense.

Most analysts say that the Chargers are the most talented team in the league, they don't say that about the Giants. SD would also blowout the Giants.
The Pats will stop the Giants running game, pick off Eli and score a ton of points in a laugher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes