PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Flacco willing to break rules to tackle Ted Ginn Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt Flacco would have done that.

For a variety of reasons. It would have made a farce of the game. That's the big one.

But the rule also says the refs could just award him a TD.

But the rule also says the refs could just award him a TD.

Can you imagine one of these bozos jumping out of the sidelines to make a tackle, and refs award the Niners an automatic TD with no time left on the clock???? Holy *****... :D

I seriously doubt Flacco would have done that.

That's a different story. But the mere words coming out of Flacco's mouth.... Had Brady got caught suggesting something like that, everybody and their mother would jump with the cheating *****.

There is actually an NFL rule that allows refs to give to give a team points if they feel a team would have scored but didn't because of some outside reason like getting tackled by a non-player.

Now I Know – All’s Unfair

With the way that game was called, i have no doubt that ginn would have been flagged 15 yards for roughing the passer, had flacco attempted to tackle him on the punt return.

Think he might have been joking a bit. But it would have been funny to watch.
I actually wondered what the call would be if something like that happened.

That's a different story. But the mere words coming out of Flacco's mouth.... Had Brady got caught suggesting something like that, everybody and their mother would jump with the cheating *****.

As true as this is, I still LOLed when I heard Flacco. Don't think it's a big deal.

If Brady would have won the Super Bowl, the only ones complaining would have been the haters. Just like it is now for Flacco and the Ravens' hater.

Speaking of words coming out of Flacco's mouth....any comments coming from the 'f' words coming out of his mouth at the end of the game. The network immediatly cut away but it was not a "I'm going to Disney World" moment.

This actually happened in a college game in 1953. Alabama's Tommy Lewis ran off the bench and tackled Rice's **** Maegle who had taken a pitch, broken free, and was on his way to a sure 95yd TD run.

The refs invoked the "palpably unfair" rule and awarded the TD to Rice.

This actually happened in a college game in 1953. Alabama's Tommy Lewis ran off the bench and tackled Rice's **** Maegle who had taken a pitch, broken free, and was on his way to a sure 95yd TD run.

The refs invoked the "palpably unfair" rule and awarded the TD to Rice.

Was going to mention the same.

Brady doesn't cheat, but always finds a way to win even after a loss. (hope this hasn't been posted yet)

Attachments

• Brady Power.jpg
    Brady Power.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 61
This is interesting and wondered about a player doing something like that. Glad they have a rule for it, otherwise that would be an epic loophole.

on PFT on TV tonight Tom Curran asked that exact question: Imagine the uproar if Brady...Erik Kuselias made a wiseass comment to the effect "you have to reach the SB before you can..."

Yeahh, there are so many more players that do a better job of reaching the Super Bowl than Brady.

Yeahh, there are so many more players that do a better job of reaching the Super Bowl than Brady.
I know! I wanted Curran to reply in that vein and he didn't, I think because it was a quick-moving, timed segment. Curran is typically really glib with come-backs in those types of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes