PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Flacco now the highest paid QB in NFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's getting $40 million a year. :rocker:

Congrats to Joe.

Looking forward to the Pats kicking Ratbird butt opening Thursday night. or whenever they play.

Five years of stats are enough to show he'll be an another insanely overpaid above average QB like Eli. He won't have a good-elite defense like his first five years either.

he deserves it. He's been outstanding in the playoffs and head to head last 3 or 4 games Flacco > Brady....it's not really arguable

He deserves it though just for last postseason.

i hope it cripples baltimore cap-wise

Flacco the highest paid QB....lol Just becasue of 1 postseason. Lets see how he does without a D....

wonder how many years

He deserves it though just for last postseason.

Sorry but that is bull****. The Ravens as a TEAM won that Superbowl. Of course he played great but for example that 3rd down to Boldin was HUGE ... Welker dropped a similar pass and we know how that one ended. Jacoby Jones played like a monster. The Broncos safetys and Refs helped him too and you give this team the highest contract in all of football? Give me a break. He is clutch and had a great post season but Alex Smith had also an extraordinary post season 2011 and with better special teams maybe won a SB or atleast be in it. He is a franchise QB, you could even argue elite but can he really carry a team that justifys him taking 1/6 of the cap? I don't think so

Flacco the highest paid QB....lol Just becasue of 1 postseason. Lets see how he does without a D....

They didn't really have one last year.

And it's not just one postseason, he's 9-4 in his career in the postseason and won at least one playoff game in each of the last five years. It was just that last year he finished with the Lombardi in one of the best postseasons ever for a QB, 11 TDs, no INTs. He deserved a huge deal, I just hope he flops the rest of his career and the Ravens are screwed for years to come.

They didn't really have one last year.

And it's not just one postseason, he's 9-4 in his career in the postseason and won at least one playoff game in each of the last five years. It was just that last year he finished with the Lombardi in one of the best postseasons ever for a QB, 11 TDs, no INTs. He deserved a huge deal, I just hope he flops the rest of his career and the Ravens are screwed for years to come.

Does anyone here see flacco as the best QB in the league? hell no...and he got a #1 QB contract. So anything but being #1 is a failure. Wasting that much $$ on a QB who is so so in my book except for last post season. Now if he wins 2 more Sb then yes worth it

Flacco now the highest-paid QB in NFL history, according to Schefter

Does anyone here see flacco as the best QB in the league? hell no...and he got a #1 QB contract. So anything but being #1 is a failure. Wasting that much $$ on a QB who is so so in my book except for last post season. Now if he wins 2 more Sb then yes worth it

They didn't really have an alternative. They should of never let it get this far.. To his credit he picked the perfect year to win a SB which forced the Ravens hand.

The Ravens played Russian roulette and to the bullet.

Flacco now the highest-paid QB in NFL history, according to Schefter

Players make millions extra every year just for a good workout. Combine, pro days.. We are a what have you done lately league.

Am I the only crazy one who thinks that Flacco in no way deserves to sniff a contract like this?

Sorry but that is bull****. The Ravens as a TEAM won that Superbowl. Of course he played great but for example that 3rd down to Boldin was HUGE ... Welker dropped a similar pass and we know how that one ended. Jacoby Jones played like a monster. The Broncos safetys and Refs helped him too and you give this team the highest contract in all of football? Give me a break. He is clutch and had a great post season but Alex Smith had also an extraordinary post season 2011 and with better special teams maybe won a SB or atleast be in it. He is a franchise QB, you could even argue elite but can he really carry a team that justifys him taking 1/6 of the cap? I don't think so

Normally I'd agree with this type of argument, but in this case I think you're underselling Flacco's performance this postseason. He played incredibly well, and he, far more than any other factor, is why they won the SB.

Am I the only crazy one who thinks that Flacco in no way deserves to sniff a contract like this?

I would have agreed with you right up until this past postseason. Any QB who can go on a tear like that pretty much has to be elite.

LOL.

10 char

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back