PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Andruzzi has cancer [mergedx3 from 5/31/07]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Joe Andruzzi has cancer

The problems he had one year in the offseason with the mystery 'virus' sound exactly like a pre-cursor to this type thing. The immune system can cause you a lot of pain and can attack your body.

He is a fighter so if anyone can beat this, he can.

Good thing he finally knows what it is, and more importantly, his doctors now know what the deal is. That is a big first step, after having 'mystery' symptoms in the past.

You have a very good memory and are probably right on target with your hypothesis.

Best wishes Joe.

Last edited:

Get Well Soon Joe!!!

I hope he has a speedy and thorough recovery...

Not a diagnosis anyone wants to hear, but at least they know what the problem is and he's in the right place to get the best treatment possible. Here's wishing him a complete and speedy recovery.

Good old Cancer....what family have you not afflicted...Joe, we all know how stong you are and there are many, Lemieux, athletes that have fought this type of thing and are on the other side.

My prayers are with you and your family...see you back in the NfL in a couple years...:)

Mario Lemieux had HODGKIN'S, not Non-Hodgkin's.
The former is more easily treated and has faster, regression rates. If I had to choose between the 2, I'd take Hodgkin's over the alternatives.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to a genuine blue collar good guy. I'm praying for you, Joe. My lasting image of you will always be you running on the field carrying two small American flags as the Pats prepared to play the Jets at Gillette Stadium in the first NFL game following 9/11.

Mario Lemieux had HODGKIN'S, not Non-Hodgkin's.
The former is more easily treated and has faster, regression rates. If I had to choose between the 2, I'd take Hodgkin's over the alternatives.

this type of thing ...i knew Mario had Hodgkins...just saying that Joe can come out just as stong on the other side of treatment...

...my bad on not being specific...not the point of the post....

I have learned more about non-hodgkin's lymphoma than I ever cared to know. My wife was diagnosed 5 years ago this month at the age of 40. There is no cure for this disease. What the doctors hope to do is control the disease and hope for long remissions, which my wife has been in now for 4 1/2 years after 6 months of chemo. It's a scary thing to live with every day, but, thank God, for now, she is OK. Let's pray for the same for Andruzzi, Lester, and all that are suffering with this cruel disease.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It seems like the worst crap happens to the least deserving people.

He was one of my favorite players and a terrific guy. He always wanted to go out as a Pat. He'll fight through this. It's the kind of person he is.

GET WELL JOE!

attachment.php

If heart ... and pluck ... and a sturdy constitution
can hold that fiend at bay ...
then our Joe'll be okay.

I have learned more about non-hodgkin's lymphoma than I ever cared to know. My wife was diagnosed 5 years ago this month at the age of 40. There is no cure for this disease. What the doctors hope to do is control the disease and hope for long remissions, which my wife has been in now for 4 1/2 years after 6 months of chemo. It's a scary thing to live with every day, but, thank God, for now, she is OK. Let's pray for the same for Andruzzi, Lester, and all that are suffering with this cruel disease.

very unusual for an adult woman to have non-hodgkins lymphoma......it's a young man's cancer.

see my previous post........18 years and counting,
cancer free.....it is not a death sentence.

I have at least one friend who's recovered (in middle age) from non-Hodgkin's, as well as once having one who beat Hodgkin's Disease. (And who I fixed up with her husband, whereupon she stopped talking to me and insisted he see me without her along. Go figure.)

This is terrible news for him and his family, but there's a lot of basis to hope it's intermediate-term terrible, not long-term terrible.

And I am VERY happy now that he managed to make some millions of bucks.

I always liked Andruzzi as a player, and certainly wish him the best now.

In the steroids-and-whatever-else era, we have to get used to what seems like a 600% increase in cases of cancer in young athletes.

Re: Former Pat, Andruzzi, battling aggressive form of cancer

Thanks for the reminder. Best of luck to Joe.

Hang tuff Joe...You come through fine, cuz you're strong in mind and body.

Tragic story. God bless you Joe, you'll be in our prayers. You did so much for this franchise, and we won't forget it. Ever.

Wow, terrible news. At least it's treatable. Best wishes Joe, and kick that cancer's azz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back