Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jobs and the Permanent Recession

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 12, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Well some feel that is Wall St is making money all is well. Over the last week dems and their MSM mouthpieces have begun floating the Obama reelection strategy. In essence there is noting anyone could do about the economy and the recovery will take years. Stay the course IOW.

Now there certainly are business cycles that government cannot control (contrary to what the Keynsian's would tell you. However the government can have a large role in creating the environment that can hinder or help the economy, help recovery, moderate the effects of downturns and so on.

Jobs are the issue, there is money on the sidelines, little investment by business and unemployment not going down.

First did the stimulus help or hurt?

Revisiting Unemployment Predictions | e21 - Economic Policies for the 21st Century

Articles: Is Permanent Recession the New Normal?

10 steps in this article to help turn things around.

Article on Obama's economy:

Obama Economy – Why Are We Here and What Do His Policies Portend for 2012? [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces

Mark Steyn sums up brilliantly as usual:

USA 2011: McJobs, $4 Gas And Underwater Housing - Investors.com

Funny article on a depressing subject.

More on how and why Obamacare will cause more working people to lose their health insurance, which will cause Obamacare to cost far more than the administration projected, as some here projected:

Employers Drop Insurance Over Obamacare - Page 1 - Bob Beauprez - Townhall Finance

quote]Another study found that among businesses with a "high awareness" of what ObamaCare is all about, more than half are planning to drop health care insurance benefits for their workers.

AT&T calculated that dropping coverage and paying the penalty will save them $1.8 billion annually.

The phony budget projections used to sell ObamaCare were based on just 2.5 percent of workers with current employer provided plans to switch – not 30 or even 50 percent!

The real resulting impact to the federal treasury will be in the trillions according to former budget officials Douglas Holtz-Eakin and James Capretta. [/quote]

This is on top of the Trillions in debt Obama is admitting to piling up

No wonder why business isn't going to invest they see the writing on the wall.

Last but not least the Housing's Double Dip and how policies made a bad situation worse congrats to the administration:

Housing

No wonder his whole economic team is bailing and Axelrod says the next election isn't about Obama's record.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Great....an opinion piece on a blog called "Flopping Aces" by someone who calls himself "Warren Beaty." Warren doesn't seem to be a regular writer there - they have much more original made-up names like, "Skye," and "Wordsmith," and "Skookum," and, (my personal favorite,) "MataHarley."

Yes, brilliant indeed, considering Mark Steyn is a writer, political commentator, and cultural critic of Canadian citizenship who sometimes fills in for Rush Limbaugh on Rush's show and doesn't seem to have any financial background as far as I can tell. He does have an interesting history of Islamophobia and is right quick to explain why his Jewish heritage isn't really his. Still, while interesting, neither qualifies him as someone I'd take my financial outlook from.

Sorry, didn't bother reading anything else.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, he certainly couldn't do any worse than Obama's own team of financial advisors and consultants and the predictions they made regarding how Obama's policies (specifically the stimulus package) would impact our economy.

Heck, a well trained monkey would certainly have better results than that group of morons.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

Yet the pubbie morons who preceded Obama's team helped create the dire economy Obama inherited.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup. Two and a half years into the Obama presidency, and everything's all still George Bush's fault. :rolleyes:
  6. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

Who said anything about "all still George Bush's fault"? :rolleyes:
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, gee, sorry. When you said "pubbie morons who preceded Obama" I didn't realize you were talking about Bill Clinton. :rolleyes:

At least be man enough to stick by your own statements Chico, instead of cowardly throwing something out there and then running away from your own statements as fast as you can 60 seconds later.
  8. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

I wonder what people would be saying if the economy's woeful job creation two years after the recovery had started had included half of the jobs being created coming from one employer: McDonald's.

McJobs, indeed.
  9. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

Learn to read, then you'll at least have a chance of responding intelligently.

I didn't say what you claim I said. Be man enough to admit when you make a mistake instead of cowardly flinging crap in the form of a response.
  10. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Steyn if partly Jewish and attends a Baptist church in NH, next to the Connecticut River, in a town that's eminently livable.

Any sources of his Islamophobia to back up your statement, Mrs. Pats? I read his book _America Alone_, and I think you should too. Besides, there are several wonderful interviews with him by the best interviewer in the English language, Milt Rosenberg, out of WGN in Chicago. MUST-LISTEN: 80-minute interview with Mark Steyn on the Milt Rosenberg show

I'm against bigotry against religions, but the rising tide of anti-semitism is a scary recurrence that makes me very sad, angry, and frustrated. I'm glad to be living in the United States rather than Europe.

And as Dennis Prager has remarked: If the 200 or so nukes that Israel has were in Islamic hands and Israel were nuclear free, we all know that that beautiful country would be extinguished.
  11. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

we had a "well trained monkey" in the White House for 8 years and look what he did. I dont think the well trained monkey is better at all.
  12. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

it takes a while to un**** all the crap Bush did to America.
  13. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Like get out of foreign wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and close that awful prison in Cuba.

Instead, all are going as if the same guy is in the Oval Office and the War Powers Act has been ignored, much as then-Sen. Obama said it shouldn't, by another thankless foreign police misadventure in Libya, brought to us by three harridans who don't know which end the round comes out of: Samantha, Hillary, and UN ambassador Susan Rice. Clinton, Power, Rice: Three Women Swing U.S. Policy on Libya | Women's Voices For Change
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow. A (supposedly) grown man actually responding with a comment that is nothing more than "I know you are but what am I?"

Don't blame me for your horrible writing skills. Since you can't form intelligent, coherent sentences, I suggest you go elsewhere for help with improving them. Please return here once you've gotten that help and improved the aforementioned writing skills.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup. Two and a half years into the Obama presidency, and everything's all still George Bush's fault. :rolleyes:
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +613 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Tax incentives for companies that produce in the USA.

it was a campaign promise ... where is it?

[​IMG]
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Sadly, the greatest potential we have to increase employment is to get housing back to normal. Nothing in this country affects so many aspects of employment as a healthy real estate market.

Since we know real estate is going to take years to come back, what are our alternatives? I personally do not want to see anything that encourages consumer spending as AMericans are still far too leveraged to spend.

Politicians on both sides can be blamed for the mess we're in. We can also blame any citizen who remortgaged their home several times to buy things likes boats and all-terraine vehicles...or to expand their 3,000 sq/ft home into a 4,000 sq/ft one just cause they could and now are upside down and boo-hoo-hoo-ing like little children.

Greed in general is to blame. And I pray to God we don't have people gnawing at the bit for their home value to rise again so they can tap into it's value all over again.

We got what we deserved...IMO.
  18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Where is Obama's prediction that things would be worse agter 2.5 years of his programs?

Oh right he said things would be better.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Yep...what they ought to do now is walk away from their mortgages - especially if they're seriously underwater and suddenly realize that they'd like to send their kids to Harvard instead of the Junior College down the street in the next 10 years or so.
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, as shmessey has made sure to point out to all of us, that's the Obama strategy for raising household net worth in the country.

"Hey, ya wanta know how you can raise your net worth? Just tell everyone to whom you owe money to go screw themselves!" - Obama economic strategy