Welcome to PatsFans.com

JMHO, but Reche is going to suprise a lot of people

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTS-80, May 5, 2006.

1. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

per Christopher Price's blog

"(Reporter to Tom Brady) How much have you worked with Reche so far and how is he coming along as a Patriots receiver?

(Tom Brady) I’ve worked with him. We’ve thrown for four or five weeks. He’s working hard; he’s a very hard worker. He’s been here everyday. He’s very skilled. I think he’s going to do really well here. He was a Patriots killer last year when he was playing for the Chargers. Hopefully he can become an AFC East killer when he’s playing for us."

Showing up everyday and working out with Brady is going to go a long way in proving his dedication and hard work to the QB and the coaches.
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. SuperPatriot33

SuperPatriot33 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree I saw him hiding around a corner.
  3. Murphys95

Murphys95 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Reche has a legit shot at the #2 WR position. I don't disagree with you; besides, we expected a whole heck of a lot more out of Donald Hayes. :)

....don't be surprised to see BB pick up another FA WR though.
  4. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

The thing about Reche is that he was a great route runner in San Diego and he hauled in almost every pass thrown near him. That works out in great ways for the patriots since thats what they covet.
  5. OntarioPatsFan

OntarioPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Don't you mean David Terrell? ;)
  6. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

um Caldwell was actually very good in SD mins the injuries and the fumbles. Hes a reliable target..faster than Givens and hes got similar size to Givens..i agree he'll become a good target as a #2 or #3.
  7. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Good thing Brady didn't post this here! We're not allowed to think that any player is good until he proves himself for the entire season. And then we can't say anything becuase it was only one season and likely a fluke.
  8. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

The injuries werent even that bad. He has 5 career fumble loses 3 were his rookie year two were last year. Its impossible to hold onto everything. He is very sure handed though.
  9. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think David Terrell worked out every day with Brady. Is there any way to know if Bethel is doing likewise?
  10. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I agrere that Caldwell should be successful as a sort of replacement of Givens. I don't think he'll ever produce as much as Givens did, but he'll play a similar role as the clever, 10-15 yard target.

Jackson, IMO, is the #3, playing David Patten's old role. While I do not expect Jackson to produce much in his first 1-2 years, I suspect that his physical presence alone draws enough coverage to really open things up for Branch, Watson and Caldwell on passing downs.
  11. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

LMFAO...funny. :)
  12. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think Caldwell can produce as much as Givens. I loved Givens and I would take him back in a second, but realistically, he never had more than 59 catches in a season (granted that was in 13 games). I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Caldwell to get ~55 catches. He was on pace for that in 2004 before he got hurt. He has the talent, the question is will he get the opportunities?
  13. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Hard to say. Givens first year, we were all crying for Fred Coleman to come back because Givens couldn't catch anything. He was horrible. He could get open but so what? He dropped the ball when it came his way.

So just thinking that Caldwell can catch at all puts him higher than we put GIvens four years ago.
  14. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Caldwell was at least productive for the Chargers when healthy. So he should be solid. Then again Brady and BB never talk badly about any player.

I remember they were talking about Terrell in positive terms (as a hard worker, etc.) before the guy fell off the map and couldn't crack the starting lineup.
  15. the taildragger

the taildragger Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd be pleasantly surprised, and I have my fingers crossed. He obviously has a great shot at being an opening day starter.

but just watching the way C-jack catches balls in traffic, I feel so much better about the future of that position.
  16. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Well, not all of them. They can ignore one of those guys because you can only have five eligible receives :D
  17. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Well thats simple cover everyone but Bethel he'll drop the ball no matter where he is on the field.
  18. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

we were all excited over Terrel because he was Brady's ex teammate..a 1st or 2nd rounder..but then some of us read that he was SLOW and couldnt create mismatches with his 6"3 size
  19. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 6 / -8

One more word on nicknames

Since Maroney is Kool-Aid, I can't see calling Jackson C-Jack, given he's from Florida. Come on, he's gotta be Gator-Aid.

PFnV,
    Still calling Kool-Aid Lo Money
  20. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -0

I'm sure everyone hopes your right...

....just like we all hoped similar predictions of David Terrell, Andre Davis, PK Sam (people SWORE he was going to have a breakout year last year) Bethel Johnson... I can go on and on

There's a long list of guys who had skill and potential but never lived up to it

When all these guys with so much skill and talent are let go by their teams, either in trades for 5th rounders or by just letting them walk as Free Agents (even though they weren't asking for much more than the veteran minimum) I've grown cynical enough to think there is probably a reason they were so eager to let them go and replace them on the roster

What would be ideal for Jackson is to have Caldwell take this final opportunity, giving the rookie time to develop

So let's hope that you're right - I guess we're overdue in a big way to have a salvaged WR pan out for us