PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JJ watt = mike wright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They seem pretty similar to me. High motor guys, little weak against the run.

I think Cameron Heyward would be better. Better strength at the point.

I think Cameron Heyward would be better. Better strength at the point.

I like Heyward because he appears stronger and he has more D-I experience. Watt is more of a playmaker and I think he will get drafter higher for that reason.

JJ Watt is a few inches taller than Wright FWIW.

Last edited:
I like Heyward because he appears stronger and he has more D-I experience. Watt is more of a playmaker and I think he will get drafter higher for that reason.

JJ Watt is a few inches taller than Wright FWIW.

6'6" vs 6'4".

I'm strongly against Heyward because he seems to take plays off. When your job is to stand up to double teams, that won't work. That play that he takes off is where the OT and TE put him on his rear end and then go to their next blocks, leading to a big play. He just doesn't seem to have the character that Bill looks for in his players. Watt is that high motor guy who is going to give all he's got on every snap, and I think he's more of what Bill is looking for mentally, while still getting a very talented athlete physically.

They said the same thing about Dunlap and he is having a good rookie season.You have to take the talent thats there.

I'm not really seeing the comparison. Watt has ideal size, very good strength and instincts, but isn't a natural pass rusher. Wright has average size but is an explosive athlete who rushes the passer well.

Unless you meant this as a look-alikes thread?

hs_7453.jpg

12492_1.jpg

I'm not really seeing the comparison. Watt has ideal size, very good strength and instincts, but isn't a natural pass rusher. Wright has average size but is an explosive athlete who rushes the passer well.

Unless you meant this as a look-alikes thread?

hs_7453.jpg

12492_1.jpg

In that pic, Wright also looks like that kid, Landry, on Friday Night Lights.

Size, strength, instincts, motor, aggressiveness, work ethic.

I'll take that and some BB coaching.

And on the topic of JJ Watt, is it normal for college players to form charities? That just screams high-character to me.

Size, strength, instincts, motor, aggressiveness, work ethic.

I'll take that and some BB coaching.

Just to be clear, I like Watt a ton too. I just don't think he's at all like Mike Wright, except in complexion.

Just to be clear, I like Watt a ton too. I just don't think he's at all like Mike Wright, except in complexion.

weird, because he reminds me of him in style of play. And size too. One is 6'4" 290 the other is 6'6" 290. Maybe Watt isn't asked to hold the point, I saw him run himself out of many plays in the ohio state game. Pretty much rush the passer every down. Which is what Wright is best at.

Same here. I was just being tangential (eating tangerines has that effect on me).

And on the topic of JJ Watt, is it normal for college players to form charities? That just screams high-character to me.

It's not common, but not the first time I've heard of that sort of thing.

Former Patriot Ray Ventrone started one in seventh grade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back