PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy's Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
none of them were future HOF'ers at that point in their careers

The one thing with bortles is ALOT of his td's came in garbage time as they were getting blown out.

I had him in fantasy last year and a lot of weeks he would literally have 0-5 points in the first half and then finish the game with like 20-25 points.

Would you trade Jimmy for Bradford? No, right?

If Min ( they only need a short term fix) gave a 1st and 3rd for a proven JAG, Jimmy's value should be at least 2 1st + something(s).. If they offer that i would trade him beacuse i believe in Brady and i believe he still will be the best in 4 years... Its a gamble but i trust him and mordern medicine

I see the comparison between what Bradford cost in draft currency and what Jimmy might bring in a lot but the key difference is that the Vikings were a playoff team that lost their QB a few days before the season opener and could not afford a pro-longed negotiation dance with the Eagles.

In other words, the price the Vikings paid was imho more about timing than about Bradford's skill.

I'm optimistically hope for more, but if the Pats traded Jimmy for a top 5 pick I definitely wouldn't complain.

I definitely would. Recall that BB added the 5th and 6th picks of a recent draft for next to nothing. draft picks are near worthless, until the drafted player proves his worth.

I definitely would. Recall that BB added the 5th and 6th picks of a recent draft for next to nothing. draft picks are near worthless, until the drafted player proves his worth.

Luckily for us Belichick isn't equivalent to the Browns FO. When he uses a top 5 pick, he actually knows what the **** he's doing.

The great Jimmy Garoppolo question

Through two weeks, Garoppolo leads the league with a 91.1 QBR, more than seven points ahead of second-placed Matt Ryan. He has completed more than 70 percent of his passes and averaged 8.4 yards per attempt, throwing four touchdowns without tossing a pick. And perhaps most impressively, Garoppolo has done all of this without the best player on the roster, Rob Gronkowski, who has missed the first two games with a hamstring injury.

I can't help it, I'm a fan of the kid :D

The Trade Jimmy thing is really easy for me :

- Set a high value on him (something like two #1s in the 1.15 range).
- If someone meets the high value, great.
- If no-one meets the high value, keep him and revisit at the end of 2017.

I'd love a huge value but there's a lot of value in having a great backup and seeing how our aging (though seemingly ageless) QB is doing in a year and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back