PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy's Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Jimmy the Bears would be the best fit. 49ers lack talent, browns are a mess and Chicago is a better city than Cle and SF

Chicago is a better city than SF? WTF are you smoking?

Bortles are you OK? The guy threw for 4500 yards and 35 touchdowns in his second season.

Wow this Garoppolo hype train is out of control. Let's see if he can start 2 full games.

This is an absolute joke at this point this thread is filled with so more dreams then a bottle of Ambien...
Yeah, I'm ok. Thanks for asking. Towards the end of my post I pointed out that Cleveland and SanFran are likely destinations for Jimmy G, if he plays well next game (IF he plays).
As far as Bortles, I'm not sold on him. He has some serious weapons on offense yet he hasn't produced as a top tier QB. Those 4500 yards and 35 td's are pretty stats but you left out his league leading interceptions and league leading getting sacked. It's not ALL the offenses fault, now is it? He's a choker in my opinion and JG will be a better QB when all is said and done. That's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, I'm ok. Thanks for asking. Towards the end of my post I pointed out that Cleveland and SanFran are likely destinations for Jimmy G, if he plays well next game (IF he plays).
As far as Bortles, I'm not sold on him. He has some serious weapons on weapons yet he hasn't produced as a top tier QB. Those 4500 yards and 35 td's are pretty stats but you left out his league leading interceptions and league leading getting sacked. It's not ALL the offenses fault, now is it? He's a choker in my opinion and JG will be a better QB when all is said and done. That's all I have to say about that.

FYI....PManning, EManning, Roethlisberger, Bress have all led the league in INTs at one point or another

FYI....PManning, Roethlisberger, Bress have all led the league in INTs at one point or another
You're comparing Bortles to 3 future HOF'ers? We'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: and if someone points out the pretty stats why leave out the ugly stats?

Chicago is a better city than SF? WTF are you smoking?

I prefer the warm weather, but SF itself is a bit rundown and dirty, San Jose there's not much to do. However, you're 20 minutes from the beach and their are a lot of nice small towns. It's a tough one, but i choose Chicago

I prefer the warm weather, but SF itself is a bit rundown and dirty, San Jose there's not much to do. However, you're 20 minutes from the beach and their are a lot of nice small towns. It's a tough one, but i choose Chicago

have you ever been to the bay area? Chicago is a ****hole next to SF

Literally every one of you who wants to trade Brady are worse than Goodell.

I'd rather go 1-15 with Brady ending his career with us than trading Brady off because you got a new shiny and forgot what a ****ing dumpster fire we were before Brady & Belichick.

And could/would be again without a QB.

I fail to see your course as the only or preferred course of action. As for trading the only qualified backup for a Super bowl contender, the Draftniks have gone completely Daft. The Pats would be faced with drafting another QB, and would probably have to use any such"draft pick haul" to do that, with the the certainty that most QB selections fail miserably. Meanwhile the Pats would have no qualified backup QB for three or more years, while grooming someone.

You're comparing Bortles to 3 future HOF'ers? We'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: and if someone points out the pretty stats why leave out the ugly stats?

none of them were future HOF'ers at that point in their careers

Jimmy helped his trade value today, let's just say that.

People who want him to replace Brady, though... I dunno what to say to that. We'd have to replace Brady in the next year (not going to happen) or pay a cap-crippling amount at QB by franchising Jimmy.

And more importantly, it undersells how good Brady continues to be, for starters, and it undersells how good Belichick/McDaniels have been at getting these guys ready to play. 2 years from now, chances are good that Brissett will be as good as Garoppolo was today, and then we can have this whole discussion again.

Knowing the success rate of drafted QBS, I'd say that it is hugely IMPROBABLE.

When Jimmy's contract is up we will have to pay him and Brady 18-22 Million each. I don't see Belichick allocating 44 million of the salary cap to keep two quarterbacks.

I don't think that BB would either, but I disagree on the price you quote for only one year. TBs (and Polo's) pay would likely have to reflect the reality of his situation then. One will be expected to be a reserve.

So if Brady had had his ACL taken out in his second game, you would have thrown him under the bus. Ok, good to know.
Are you talking about back in 2001? If so yes I would have suggested it best to not build the future around a 6th round pick backup QB who suffered a serious injury. Had Brady torn his ACL in his second game things could have been very different. But you know what Brady didn't leave his second game with an injury, he won a super bowl playing on a severely sprained ankle.

But I do love the "what if" game, so I have a few for you.

- What if Garoppolo doesn't want to follow in Brady's footsteps and wants to go someplace else where he can establish his own legacy free of Brady?
- What if Garoppolo gets pissed off about being pressured to play through injury and demands a trade?
- What if Garoppolo wants to be paid as a top 5 QB instead of taking team friendly deals like Brady has taken over the last decade?

I know some won't click on anything ESPN, but Barnwell's good...

The great Jimmy Garoppolo question
I read Barnwell's article, It wasn't a bad analysis, but not as good as you thought. I thought he did a real good job of analyzing JG's performance He also did a good job in noting Brady's dead cap money problem for the next 2 years. But left out one of the KEY factors in whether the Pats should or should not keep JG beyond this season. And that is Jacoby Brissett, who wasn't mentioned once in this article.

JB's presence on the roster makes a HUGE difference in the decision making process, REGARDLESS of how he fairs tonight. I would think that most of us would believe that Brissett is much farther along that JG was in his first year with the Pats, if only because he played major college football in an NFL friendly offense, while JG was playing 4 more years of HS football in a program without a playbook.

JG has come light years from that start over the last 2+ seasons and it a credit to Josh as well as Jimmy for that vast improvement. It's clear he's now a LOT more than the sum of his athletic abilities. Now whether JB can make a similar jump over the next 2 seasons (including this one), has yet to be seen. But nothing he done to THIS point would lead any of us to believe he can't.

BOTTOM LINE - The continuing development of Brissett, is just ANOTHER reason for the Pats to make the most of the asset that JG has become, and I was surprised Barwell forget he was here.

I read Barnwell's article, It wasn't a bad analysis, but not as good as you thought. I thought he did a real good job of analyzing JG's performance He also did a good job in noting Brady's dead cap money problem for the next 2 years. But left out one of the KEY factors in whether the Pats should or should not keep JG beyond this season. And that is Jacoby Brissett, who wasn't mentioned once in this article.

JB's presence on the roster makes a HUGE difference in the decision making process, REGARDLESS of how he fairs tonight. I would think that most of us would believe that Brissett is much farther along that JG was in his first year with the Pats, if only because he played major college football in an NFL friendly offense, while JG was playing 4 more years of HS football in a program without a playbook.

JG has come light years from that start over the last 2+ seasons and it a credit to Josh as well as Jimmy for that vast improvement. It's clear he's now a LOT more than the sum of his athletic abilities. Now whether JB can make a similar jump over the next 2 seasons (including this one), has yet to be seen. But nothing he done to THIS point would lead any of us to believe he can't.

BOTTOM LINE - The continuing development of Brissett, is just ANOTHER reason for the Pats to make the most of the asset that JG has become, and I was surprised Barwell forget he was here.
I'm trying to figure out the "not as good as you thought" part, since I didn't actually say how good I thought it was. I posted the link and said Barnwell was good.

Anyway, on Brissett, eh. I suppose he could have thrown a line in about seeing what he's got tonight or something but at this point he's not really relevant to the discussion.

Would you trade Jimmy for Bradford? No, right?

Jimmy is younger ( 24 x 28)
Jimmy is cheaper
Bradford is fragile, lets see Jimmy
Both players contracts end next year
Bradford is garbage, Jimmy is full of potential

If Min ( they only need a short term fix) gave a 1st and 3rd for a proven JAG, Jimmy's value should be at least 2 1st + something(s).. If they offer that i would trade him beacuse i believe in Brady and i believe he still will be the best in 4 years... Its a gamble but i trust him and mordern medicine

I don't necessarily agree that JB is so much further along that JG was in his rookie year. JG was hitting something like 66 percent of his passes in his first training camp. He just looked, to me, like an NFL QB from day one. He hit (I think) 75 percent of his passes in his second preseason. Cassel, Hoyer, et al were lucky to make it to 50 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back