PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy looking good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see the Pats run the first offensive series from a single wing with Edelman at tailback, just to see the utter confusion on Ryan's face. Afterward, they can put Jimmy or Jacoby in.

...d%#*!@t...

Corned-Beef-Brisket-WP.jpg

...so I gotta put this back in the fridge now? o_O
You opened the door!

So glad to get to see a glimpse of Jimmy once more .. hope he survives all or nothing Rex attack ..

Jimmy needs to do very well in this game to convince other teams he will be worth trading for in the offseason.

More qualified. Apparently all you need is to look good and stay healthy. Well 1 outta 2 aint bad.
Until Jimmy starts coughing and his skin turns jaundiced then he's still more qualified

Jimmy needs to do very well in this game to convince other teams he will be worth trading for in the offseason.
Returning from a 3-4 week injury in 2 weeks will help with that. If he plays well, all the better.

I'd like to see the Pats run the first offensive series from a single wing with Edelman at tailback, just to see the utter confusion on Ryan's face. Afterward, they can put Jimmy or Jacoby in.

Or Josh could pull out that "Wild Horses" grouping he used against us in 2009 where the QB motions out wide while the RB (or Jules) takes the snap.

but Jacoby run some wildcat now and then

Jacoby isn't a "running" QB. I don't get this meme. He's obviously lightning speed faster than Brady (most humans 'cept maybe Drew Bledsoe are) but that's not his strength. He's a pocket QB with a big arm that can escape and run a bit.

Love the thought, but the only problem with it is that Wrecks is probably the only Coach in the League who will have coached his guys up to look out for that, or something like it.

Jacoby isn't a "running" QB. I don't get this meme. He's obviously lightning speed faster than Brady (most humans 'cept maybe Drew Bledsoe are) but that's not his strength. He's a pocket QB with a big arm that can escape and run a bit.
There's a difference between a "running QB" in the mold of Randall Cunningham or Russell Wilson and a "strong, mobile QB" in the mold of Aaron Rodgers or Ben Roethlisberger who can roam outside the pocket and make plays either with their arms or legs. I think that Brissett looks like the latter. Let's face it, our only role models as QB's for the last 23 or so years have been Bledsoe and Brady, aka "Slower and Slow."

There's a difference between a "running QB" in the mold of Randall Cunningham or Russell Wilson and a "strong, mobile QB" in the mold of Aaron Rodgers or Ben Roethlisberger who can roam outside the pocket and make plays either with their arms or legs. I think that Brissett looks like the latter. Let's face it, our only role models as QB's for the last 23 or so years have been Bledsoe and Brady, aka "Slower and Slow."

I'm sure Jacoby will master his throwing mechanics and develop into a good or adequate pocklet passer. What I'm more interested in knowing, is whether he can 1) read defenses as well as Brady does and 2) have as quick of a release as Brady and Jimmy does

That will tell us whether he's capable of carrying our offense in Brady's absence or eventual retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes