PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy looking good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope those are just practice passes. Not a lot of zip and I really hope Jimmy can play on Sunday. Its promising that he's even out there throwing the ball at all.
Ben Volin assured me tonight on tv that those were lasers and if he could throw like that with a grade 2 AC sprain, he should get one every week!

t9OSGZy.gif

Well if JAG's going to throw ducks like that long ball they might as well just make him hand off.;):p
LG just won player of the month, so he's up to the task. LOL

Seriously though, I do hope he can go. He's definitely a better matchup for Buffalo's complexities on D. All along this was the game that I thought NE could lose, not AZ, though I've maintained that they'd be 4-0 from the start. We'll see.

It would be really good news if Jimmy is ready to go! We want to continue our dominance of Buffalo. This is a game that we perennially win. Tom Brady holds a record of 25-3 vs the Bills!! Let's keep the streak going JG!

i guess we can predict this one

(give rex some break .. he has enough to worry about)

LG just won player of the month, so he's up to the task. LOL

Seriously though, I do hope he can go. He's definitely a better matchup for Buffalo's complexities on D. All along this was the game that I thought NE could lose, not AZ, though I've maintained that they'd be 4-0 from the start. We'll see.
I think the NFL is intentionally giving Pats players weekly/monthly awards so it increases their value and will make it more difficult for the Pats to sign a lot of their upcoming FA's. Expect this trend to continue all year. Maybe they'll even give BB coach of the year and MattyPatty, JoshMcD co-coordinators of the year. (half joking for those that take all things serious)

I think the NFL is intentionally giving Pats players weekly/monthly awards so it increases their value and will make it more difficult for the Pats to sign a lot of their upcoming FA's. Expect this trend to continue all year. Maybe they'll even give BB coach of the year and MattyPatty, JoshMcD co-coordinators of the year. (half joking for those that take all things serious)
LOL

(Half joking) There's no way the league ever gives BB a Coach of the Year award again. He's PE #1 in the league office. Maybe they do want to increase Josh's stock since I believe he's the only former coordinator ever to beat BB (IIRC). And MattyP knows BB's methods on D, so I could see the league trying hard to get him a job, maybe even within the division when the Bills fire Wrecks. LOL

(No joking) Blount deserved it. Man, he's played far better than I expected and maybe that's why the team made no real moves at RB in the off season. Has he had a three-game stretch like this in NE before? He looks like the Oregon days - fast, nimble and strong. He still gets going a bit slow and he's still taking many losses on plays, which is weird for a guy his size, but we'll be a great shape if he continues playing this way all season. He's been so great. I appreciate everything he is doing for the team right now.

Last edited:
LOL

(Half joking) There's no way the league ever gives BB a Coach of the Year award again. He's PE #1 in the league office. Maybe they do want to increase Josh's stock since I believe he's the only former coordinator every to beat BB (IIRC). And MattyP knows BB's methods on D, so I could see the league trying hard to get him a job, maybe even within the division when the Bills fire Wrecks. LOL

(No joking) Blount deserved it. Man, he's played far better than I expected and maybe that's why the team made no real moves at RB in the off season. Has he had a three-game stretch like this in NE before? He looks like the Oregon days - fast, nimble and strong. He still gets going a bit slow and he's still taking many losses on plays, which is weird for a guy his size, but we'll be a great shape if he continues playing this way all season. He's been so great. I appreciate everything he is doing for the team right now.

If he goes 15-1 in 2007 he does not get CotY.

LOL

(Half joking) There's no way the league ever gives BB a Coach of the Year award again. He's PE #1 in the league office. Maybe they do want to increase Josh's stock since I believe he's the only former coordinator every to beat BB (IIRC). And MattyP knows BB's methods on D, so I could see the league trying hard to get him a job, maybe even within the division when the Bills fire Wrecks. LOL

Coach of the Year is presented by AP, not by the NFL, FWIW. I agree that if it was in the NFL's hands no Patriot would win a major award for the foreseeable future, but if the Pats win on Sunday and end up finishing 12-4 or better, Belichick getting COTY is pretty much a foregone conclusion IMO. The narrative after the 4-0 start is too strong. That same narrative is stupidly being used to diminish Brady, but that's a separate issue.

Coach of the Year is presented by AP, not by the NFL, FWIW. I agree that if it was in the NFL's hands no Patriot would win a major award for the foreseeable future, but if the Pats win on Sunday and end up finishing 12-4 or better, Belichick getting COTY is pretty much a foregone conclusion IMO. The narrative after the 4-0 start is too strong. That same narrative is stupidly being used to diminish Brady, but that's a separate issue.
Gotcha. I was joking based on the OP's joke. But I no doubt appreciate the info, BradyFTW.

I slightly do disagree with you, though. I think the only way BB gets the award is if they go undefeated or drop no more than two games. Other than that, it's just business as usual in NE to finish 12-4, even without Brady for the first four. If the Jets make the playoffs, then it'll go to Bowles, for instance. If Jacksonville can make the playoffs, which is possible, then I could see it going to Gus. Who knows? You could be absolutely right, though, friend. This is just my opinion.

Yeah, Mike Giardi's an expert on quarterback mechanics/play cuz he played D3 wide receiver at Trinity....and he played for a schitty Norwood High team...don't forget, his father coached some schitty Norwood High teams, too...I can say this cuz I went there

He looks great in that video. Hopefully he'll be able to tolerate the pain for a full 60 minutes though.

Sunday if he Starts could possible be JAG's last game as a Starter in a Patriot uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back