PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy looking good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit worried about Brissett. a 42 second video and he was still trying get to tie his shoes. Thumb must really be hurting.
you don't tie cleats like normal shoes.

...d%#*!@t...

Corned-Beef-Brisket-WP.jpg

...so I gotta put this back in the fridge now? o_O

Well if JAG's going to throw ducks like that long ball they might as well just make him hand off.;):p

CSN New England's Mike Giardi reports Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) is "still in pain and doesn't yet have full mobility in his throwing shoulder."

There have been reports Garoppolo has made steady progress, and the Patriots are "hopeful" he'll play Week 4 against the Bills, but it doesn't sound like he's anywhere near 100 percent. Meanwhile, rookie Jacoby Brissett (thumb) replied "oh yeah" when asked if he's feeling in tip-top shape. If the Patriots were to play today, Brissett would likely be the one under center.

That little clip showed me that JG IS going to play right in this game. Here's the thing. JG is going to have practice with a little pain this week as his shoulder continues to heal. HOWEVER come Saturday they are going to give him a cortisone shot that will calm down that area immensely, and on Sunday give him a novocain shot that will make sure he's completely pain free during the game. His timing might be a bit off since he will have more velocity on his throws than he had in practice, but.........

BTW- I can't help but wonder, how Girardi got that clip of JG practicing. Aren't the reporters sent away by the time practice actually starts. Granted this looks like an drill they do very early in the practice, but WTF. Is Bill's security crumbling before our eyes. ;)

he meant shoulder looked alright

(of course we don't see what the teeth are doing ..)

Seems fine to me. I am sure he is going half speed but still pretty good. He has 3 more full days so i am sure Jimmy will be good to go.

BTW- I can't help but wonder, how Girardi got that clip of JG practicing. Aren't the reporters sent away by the time practice actually starts. Granted this looks like an drill they do very early in the practice, but WTF. Is Bill's security crumbling before our eyes. ;)

Additional footage from earlier today:

CSN New England's Mike Giardi reports Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) is "still in pain and doesn't yet have full mobility in his throwing shoulder."

There have been reports Garoppolo has made steady progress, and the Patriots are "hopeful" he'll play Week 4 against the Bills, but it doesn't sound like he's anywhere near 100 percent. Meanwhile, rookie Jacoby Brissett (thumb) replied "oh yeah" when asked if he's feeling in tip-top shape. If the Patriots were to play today, Brissett would likely be the one under center.
I don't like Brissett's chances against a Rex Ryan defense frankly.

BB sent it to him, along with the MRI.

:rolleyes:

I really hope those are just practice passes. Not a lot of zip and I really hope Jimmy can play on Sunday. Its promising that he's even out there throwing the ball at all.

It is not an accident that reporters got to take video of both QBs throwing (even if mostly short and soft). Great to see JAG throwing at all on Wednesday. Personally, expect both will be listed as "Questionable" Friday and I don't expect to know the starter until Sunday around 1:08 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back