PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Johnson on WFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be simply because the tape was confiscated before it was used. If you want to extrapolate that to mean, "The Patriots would not have gotten an advantage even if they'd gotten away with it." that's speculation.

But I don't have to make that extrapolation because it's a moot point, and I haven't been arguing it. And, I've never made the extrapolation that "The Patriots WOULD have gotten an advantage if they'd gotten away with it." That's a speculation that, clearly, you did make at first. However, it needs to be noted that, under the "different interpretation" argument regarding use for future games, saying that there would have been no edge gained in the game at hand would not, in fact, be extrapolation. It would be, in fact, the precise argument of Bill Belichick.

But I don't have to make that extrapolation because it's a moot point, and I haven't been arguing it. And, I've never made the extrapolation that "The Patriots WOULD have gotten an advantage if they'd gotten away with it." That's a speculation that, clearly, you did make at first. However, it needs to be noted that, under the "different interpretation" argument regarding use for future games, saying that there would have been no edge gained in the game at hand would not, in fact, be extrapolation. It would be, in fact, the precise argument of Bill Belichick.
Agreed, I never thought they were getting an advantage in the same game (actually, I'm of the belief that would be impossible), but I think the intent of what they were doing was to get an advantage in a future game. While you could call that speculation or whatever you want, to me it's common sense, the Patriots don't do things if they don't expect a benefit out of it. They're not going to pay some camera guy to shoot the Jets sideline if there's nothing in it for them, are you really arguing otherwise??

Man, I'm not even sure what we're arguing any more.

Last edited:
Agreed, I never thought they were getting an advantage in the same game (actually, I'm of the belief that would be impossible), but I think the intent of what they were doing was to get an advantage in a future game. While you could call that speculation or whatever you want, to me it's common sense, the Patriots don't do things if they don't expect a benefit out of it. They're not going to pay some camera guy to shoot the Jets sideline if there's nothing in it for them, are you really arguing otherwise??

Man, I'm not even sure what we're arguing any more.

What do you say to the notion that we just let this die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes