PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Johnson is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepatz11

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
thank you. of course, im quite certain the national media will ignore this........

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

Here is an excerpt: " Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Thanks for posting, but in protest I refuse to click on that link for the Herald.

It's a little late for tomASSe to post quotes about it being overblown when he's the numbnuts who blew it up right before the Super Bowl.

Someone is going to name names sooner or later. These comments won't really mean anything until then.

Gotta respect Johnson for being the only coach willing to man up and admit how commonplace this is. Hopefully he'll start naming names sooner rather than later.

Tomase is desperately trying to earn some brownie points.

It ain't gonna work.

This interview is from last year.

Last edited:
Old news...he said this on Fox Sports live back in September. What's the point really? The NFL has letters warning Mike Shannahan to STOP video taping practices from a few years back. There are apparently 2 on file. He had staff tape the Chargers twice in their own facility, but that gets swept under the carpet too. Similar to Mangina taping the Pats from the end zone in last years playoffs. Again, if it's not about attacking the Pats then the media brushes it off. It's just not news worthy unless BB is getting raked over the coals, then and only then does any mention of Spygate get ink!

Last edited:

It ain't gonna work.

Agreed.

The damage has been done. Tomase is dead to me.

thank you. of course, im quite certain the national media will ignore this........

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

Here is an excerpt: " Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.
Thanks for the heads up but I CANNOT go to that site,its against what principles I have.

Thanks for the heads up but I CANNOT go to that site,its against what principles I have.

1st time I visited since after SB and it's not from Sept, it's from SB week:

Jimmy Johnson thinks Spygate is overblown
This one slipped through the cracks, but during Super Bowl week, former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson told WFAN that he used cameras to steal signals all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 at 10:58 am and is filed under General. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

JT has done some correcting:

Earlier today:

"This one slipped through the cracks, but during Super Bowl week, former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson told WFAN that he used cameras to steal signals all the time."

Later...

"We originally posted this WFAN interview as having been conducted during Super Bowl week. It actually dates back to September. Regardless, it’s still interesting to note how commonplace former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson feels the use of cameras is by NFL teams. He admits he used them to steal signs all the time."

Explain to me how a Boston Sports Media Professional didn't know this was from last year? Isn't it his job to know these things? I guess he didn't know about...at all!

JT has done some correcting:

Explain to me how a Boston Sports Media Professional didn't know this was from last year? Isn't it his job to know these things? I guess he didn't know about...at all!

Easy explanation.......one of the words you have capitalized in your sentence certainly does not apply to Judas TomASSe (hint, it begins with a P and impies he is good at what he does).

The guy needs to leave this town, I know I for one will never forgive what he pulled on the day before the Superbowl. If it was new news...well then fine. If he had a source or facts or some kind of proof - OK. He had none of the above.

Please leave town......noboidy cares for you here.

Last edited:

It ain't gonna work.

Your right. F-you Tomase. I have not clicked on a link or read the Herald since that prick pulled that stunt. I, for one, will not take being Tomased lying down.

Easy explanation.......one of the words you have capitalized in your sentence certainly does not apply to Judas TomASSe (hint, it begins with a P and impies he is good at what he does).

The guy needs to leave this town, I know I for one will never forgive what he pulled on the day before the Superbowl. If it was new news...well then fine. If he had a source or facts or some kind of proof - OK. He had none of the above.

Please leave town......noboidy cares for you here.

If people in the media like Tomase feel they have the right & the power to influence events, then let's hope we have the power to do what you just said...chase the SOB out of this town.

I will never, ever read one of his articles again.

Last edited:
If people in the media like Tomase feel they have the right & the power to influence events, then let's hope we have the power to do what you just said...chase the SOB out of this town.

I will never, ever read one of his articles again.

The internet has given power back to the people, scumbags like Tomase and many others hate the internet because of this.

Last edited:
God I love you Jimmy Johnson.

I even loved him when he was coaching the Cowboys. I don't really recall why.

Needless to say, the love has grown.

I'm getting a job at ESPN this summer, maybe I can have some influence on what they cover.

cool, now maybe people will relize this is not a huge deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back