PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo's Injury Discussion; X-Rays Negative

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am calling him iron man Jimmy. He will be the backup this week.

Adding another QB for this Thursday I guess makes sense but since they installing the game plan for Thursday game today he'll be nothing more than a warm body holding a Surface.

If the game were a Sunday I'd be a bit more optimistic about how much value the new QB could bring

I think that we definitely sign somebody, and I think that Jacoby takes us through two games and Jimmy returns when he can.

Gotta have a backup who could, in an emergency, at least take snaps and hand off without incident. Nobody will come in to start over Jacoby, but they still need someone as a backup.

Former QB The Squirrel will be our backup.
If JAG can throw a pass to himself and catch it, my man The Squirrel can do the same.
OK, Bennett & Gronk will be wicked pissed with no targets.
Opposing DCs will not be able to counter this surprise offense.
The NYJFC Competition Committee will have an emergency meeting to out law it, but too late as Brady will be returning.

The fact that it's even a remote possibility that he could play (even though he won't and shouldn't) is surprising and remarkable.

Former QB The Squirrel will be our backup.

Realistically, while there are very, very good reasons Edelman switched positions (5' 1o" with a lousy arm, anybody?) he at least knows the offense. Given the incredibly inconvenient Thursday game, that might well make him a better option than a QB cold off the street. OTOH, an injury to our #1 WR playing out of position....

Obviously if the Pats sign another QB then Jimmy is not playing this week.

Isnt a sprain and small tear? BB wont rush anyone back into action for 1 game.

He has to learn to roll with the punches. Brady gets hits like that all the time. To get to the next level, you learn to live with pain. He has much more to learn from Brady which will include, avoiding such hits, dealing with such hits and thinking long term.
I suspect he is just bruised and nothing is actually broken or torn.

He has to learn to roll with the punches. Brady gets hits like that all the time. To get to the next level, you learn to live with pain. He has much more to learn from Brady which will include, avoiding such hits, dealing with such hits and thinking long term.

Did you really just suggest that Jimmy doesn't really have the ligament injury that every report and (every look at the play) says he has, but is just refusing to play through a bruise because of a low pain tolerance? o_O What on earth would lead you to that???

Did you really just suggest that Jimmy doesn't really have the ligament injury that every report and (every look at the play) says he has, but is just refusing to play through a bruise because of a low pain tolerance? o_O What on earth would lead you to that???
I will not call it low pain tolerance, but compared to the hits Brady takes and keeps going, that hit was not even close to the mild ones he took in the Denver game and was still able to finish the game.
He has not played a competitive game in a long time. He did not refuse to play, he was in so much pain that he feared something was broken or torn. That is what I call rolling with the punches.
Garoppolo is fine. It is just a feeling I have. I can't justify it.

I don't think it's a question of who's tough and who isn't...I think young QBs are just less experienced, and have to learn to protect themselves from injuries.

Luckily, Brady has masterfully learned to protect himself and his body. But don't count Jimmy out as soft.

After one of the best 1st quarters I have ever seen and after that 3rd TD with the game basically won, Jimmy slinging and connecting every pass attempt, I thought "man it's time to slow down a bit, run the ball, eat the clock before Jimmy throw a pick, the game is our to lose already, lets get back to the original game manage plan".

2 weeks ago we were praying for 2-2 and all of a sudden we had a real shot at 4-0 and a franchise QB for another 10-12 years at least. I saw Jimmy running, scrambling, trying that last pass attempt in broken down plays. I may be wrong but I think all of us, Jimmy and the coaching staff got carried away with such amazing performance. Injuries happen but if he takes that sack instead of scrambling that doesn't happen. I felt that the someone had to pump the breaks a little, no need to throw 7 TD's, just stick to the game plan and execute the plays, dink and dunk, play action.

A QB scramble should be used carefully or when you need to convert that down when losing the game in the 4th quarter. QB's get injured we see that every week. We are lucky BB plans the season with a plan B and C. Many teams would be in end of the season mode right now if they were in this position. This game against Houston is very important, it should be a winnable game and I still think we can win, I watched Houston x Chiefs yesterday and I was not impressed at all, but it's going to be a tough one right now, don't sleep on the Broncos, those MF's have a better QB than last year and that defense is simply amazing.

I think that we definitely sign somebody, and I think that Jacoby takes us through two games and Jimmy returns when he can.

Gotta have a backup who could, in an emergency, at least take snaps and hand off without incident. Nobody will come in to start over Jacoby, but they still need someone as a backup.

I would rather bring in Phil Simms and watch him handoff to Blount a hundred times for no gain as the Pats lose 3-0 than see Edelman dropping back and reading coverages.

In 3 weeks, Brady and Gronk (hopefully) will be back. Dion Lewis a few weeks after that. This offense is going to own the league. I'm good with not risking a huge cog of it disappearing because #11 was lost for the year getting hit in the pocket.

Bring in someone else to hold the clipboard. ANYBODY.

Live shot of Zolak in back of the Sports Hub building:

uncle-rico-picture.jpg

Two separate points there.

If you're saying that he could have fallen differently ("roll with the punches") and taken some of the impact off his shoulder, yeah, I think that's a reasonable comment. Rodney Harrison made a comment, I think, to that effect and he knows what he is talking about.

But, if you're suggesting that this shows a lack of toughness or ability "to live with pain," unless you're one of his doctors or in his inner circle, you're way off base in drawing that conclusion with the information we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back